Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance coverage for electric bike

Hey,
    My friend owns an electric bike. He said that when he renewed his home insurance, the insurer told him that it is uninsurable through them. His electric bike is limited to 15mph, but the insurer said if he had to recharge a battery, they wouldn't insure such bikes. He approached many other insurance companies and got the same response.
    So it was very shocking to hear that we had no third party insurance when we ride an electric bike. Has anyone faced this from your insurer yet? When my friend approached the showroom from where he brought the bike, they told him that they would get back to him after talking with their company providing auto insurance services. So he is waiting for their reply.
    I thought to share this because many of you who rides an electric bike can check your insurance.

Another potential concern is that rumor has it some home insurer's won't cover fire if an electric bike battery is the cause

Comment

Great that people are choosing the natural way of transport. I think the world will change to hybrid things soon. Car companies are already producing hybrid cars. The best thing I saw recently was cycling insurance. I never thought about it. Is it even possible? This way, people won't need to pay for those expensive repairs. Better buy a new bike already instead of covering a lot of money for the useless repair.
      Last edited by Nashvon; 1 week ago.

Comment

I use these guys for ebike insurance. https://velosurance.com/

Comment

Working...
        X