Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software survey needed on Torque sensing problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my Turbo Levo I can do 3 presets for power. I've found that it's best to leave power available at 100%, and adjust the Rider Support level. I find I use 100% support most of the time. 100% support means the motor matches my input with equal power from the motor. That's what Specialized uses as the default for "Eco Mode". I set mine for 100, 200, and 400 percent rider support. Therefore in levels 1-3 I get the full 560 watts of motor output at 560, 280, and 140 watts of rider input. Works really well.

The average rider can sustain about 150 watts. I have a 700 W/hour battery on my Levo. At 100% support (150 watts on average from the motor) I have done 38 mile rides using 51% of the battery. It is not a lot of support. Our Luna's come with 5 presets. I would suggest 50, 100, 200, 400, 600 percent support with no limit on power available. In level 1 a rider would need to input 1500 watts to get 750 from the motor. Thats a professional athlete level of sprinting power. Not gonna be "Jumpy" at all. To get 750 watts of power from a non-ludi motor would require 125 watts input by the rider in level 5. That is a reasonable input. If one wants 1500 watts at an "Average Rider" input, then get a ludicrous option.
    Last edited by kengps; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Latest score: 5 bikes with 14.4 or 14.6= all good. 6 bikes with 14.5= all bad.

Comment

Hi all,

I just received the x-1 with the 14.5 (Luna tuned) firmware. I’m experiencing the same low power levels in PAS 1&2. I don’t mind the lower power levels so much because when I really crank on the pedals, the motor will start to kick in. However, until I really start pushing on the pedals in PAS 1&2, the assist constantly turns on and off resulting in some minor lunging forward. The lunging is not dangerous, just more annoying. It does feel like the motor can’t decide what to do (assist or not). I do have the Ludi mod, FYI.

I would probably want the Banfang firmware if it eliminated the lunging in the lower PAS levels. PAS 3+ is great with smooth operation regardless of how much effort I’m putting in.

Overall, the bike has been great so far, just not perfect PAS when not really pushing hard in the lower PAS levels.

Comment

• kengps
          kengps commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats what most see also. In level 2 it pulses on/off as I rotate the crank. It's loud and annoying. Interesting it can cycle on/off so quickly, yet in Level 3 or higher the motor continues to run for far too long.

• SDebike
          SDebike commented
          Editing a comment
          Same problem on my X-1. PAS1. & 2 are useless and make a loud whining sound.

Latest score: 5 bikes with 14.4 or 14.6= all good. 7 bikes with 14.5= all bad, Including a Ludi modded bike.

Comment

I have two x1s the first one I bought has firmware 14.6 and my wife and I loved riding it so much we ordered another x1. The new x1 we received has firmware 14.5 and as in other posta assist 1 and 2 are useless I hope Luna will address this issue. I have recommended the x1 to a lot of friends I will now tell them to wait on purchasing if they are considering one.

Comment

To add both bikes are ludicrous

Comment

I think that the evidence is solid. It would be a very good thing for Luna to A: Offer to reflash every 14.5 bike out there, if the owner desires, and B: State that all new X-1s, as well as any other bikes with the M600 motor, will have the 14.6 program. What about it, Luna?

Comment

Latest score: 6 bikes with 14.4 or 14.6= all good, including 1 Ludi Bike. 8 bikes with 14.5= all bad, Including 1 Ludi bike. So it's not just non-Ludi bikes that are having problems. And at least 1 Ludi bike with 14.6 thats works fine.

Comment

To follow up the one ludicrous x1 is not just fine it is great that was the reason for a second purchase!!!

Comment

Reading this thread makes me glad I got a frame and motor (upgraded controller ) from WW and built up my own bike. Different motor I know (G510 vs M600 ) but all PAS settings are spot on. Only issue is that the throttle response is weak compared to the BBSHD. Looking at reprograming the software on this controller but thats another thread. Good luck guys, Been dealing with Luna for a couple of years and Im not surprised in poor response, they are consistent.
                    Last edited by Greeno; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Luna says they tried the 14.6 software, and it "Bricked" the motor. They should have my motor today, and try to swap out the controller with a stock one soon. I'll let you know what the results are.

Comment

• eskachig
                        eskachig commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sheesh. Well that's not good news. Is that the one I dug up in the endless-sphere forums, or one they got from Bafang since they're an official client?

Looks like someone with an X-1 already tried on endless-sphere earlier this month:

"Has anyone successfully flashed a controller originally with 14.5 to 14.6? I just tried flashing with this 14.6 firmware and the motor would not turn on until it was flashed back to the original."

Maybe the rename .bin to .txt trick introduced an encoding error somewhere along the way.
                        Last edited by eskachig; 4 weeks ago.

• kengps
                        kengps commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The one on endless-sphere, yes.

• eskachig
                        eskachig commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've put in a request with bafang's service to see about getting an official *.bin file from them. But this sort of stuff is for us peons. As I understand it from reading the BESST manual, with their login, Luna should be able to grab the latest firmware from Bafang's cloud service.

I have two non-Ludi X-1's (one medium frame, one large)

On the bike that arrived November 2019 with software 014.4, PAS1 and 2 are great (except for the delays in engaging and disengaging, which occur in all levels)

On the other, which arrived September 2020 with software 014.5, PAS1 and 2 engage intermittently and force me to pedal way harder. Riding the bike in 1 and 2 eventually makes my thighs hurt. 3 is quite powerful.

Thank you, kengps, for directing me to this thread from the X-1 knowledgebase pages. Linking directly here from there could result in a lot more X-1 owners weighing in. I only just got here; haven't done the magnet-removal/watt-checking tests Eric requested.

I have no desire to switch to a Ludicrous-modded controller.

Comment

Eric, Where’s the YouTube video you promised?

Comment

I put in a support request to Bafang for the latest firmware for our motors (they were surprisingly responsive), and this is the file they sent me (I zipped it):

https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa#ncPZSp...qbF8j5dR3mxWKo

The version and date are rather different than what we've been seeing, I'm not sure what to make of it.

CRX10NC4818i132046.6-28-2230-20200824-3.bin

It seems to match the motor format and voltage though. This is the info I provided to them:

Controller
                          Software CRX10NC4818i132014.5
                          Hardware CR X10N.500.FC 3.2

Torque sensor
                          Software SRPA212CF10101.0
                          Hardware SR PA21232ST.C 1.0

Comment

Something went weird with my mega link, I'm going to try again.

Link : https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa
                            Decryption key: ncPZSpme-XWPk30zGEajSUN_9FNcZqbF8j5dR3mxWKo

If this doesn't work for anyone, PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

Comment

Working...
                            X