Spare battery for X-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare battery for X-1

I am asking this of Luna, as well as other X-1 owners. Where can I get a spare battery for my X-1? I fear as time goes on, it will become more difficult to obtain one. I am not so well aquainted with the rest of the e-bike world to know, is the battery mount used in the X-1 unique to that bike, or is it a common mount/style. Is there another bike on the market that uses this mount and battery? Has anyone found another source for a battery for the X-1? Will Luna ever have them in stock?

If you want something stocked that never seems to be in stock your best option is to ask Eric about it directly. He cares a lot about customer feedback, and hearing those kinds of requests directly from a customer is likely to get you more traction than if anyone on my team requests it on your behalf. He can usually be found on facebook, especially the fast electric bike group, though you could also try emailing him eric@lunacycle.com though he is less likely to see an email there due to how much email he gets.

Comment

Well, I tried emailing Eric, no response. Has anyone any other idea as to a spare battery for the X-1?

Comment

I suppose you could wire in a backpack battery if you were so inclined. It would require some DIY.

Comment

Paxtana, no offence to you, but that just sucks. The X-1 is partially so desirable because of the integrated battery. I have contacted Bafang, Dengfu, several other bike makers, and many times Luna Cycles. No help anywhere. Luna is the one that should offer an attempt at supporting it's customers. This crap "Well Eric is hard to get a hold of, he may not answer" is so much horse crap. If Luna cycles has one trait, it is that you cannot get in touch with anyone, no one is on the other end, no one cares, no one keeps up the web site (the web site still has May 2020 update on what's available), no one answers the phone. So in a couple of years, if that long, my battery will quit taking a full charge, and I am supposed to strap some camel back looking piece of shit to the frame somewhere? Are you serious? And you, Mr. Paxtana, cannot reach the Mr. Eric?

Comment

I think I will take offense at that actually. I am talking with you right now, so this notion that you can not get ahold of someone is total BS. We update the website daily, there are over a thousand items and options so maybe you don't notice. But sure obviously there will be times when some random piece of text might have an outdated piece of info on it.

You could just as easily strap a battery directly into the triangle or have that same battery rebuilt with new cells as a growing number of ebike service professionals offer. Or you could try hitting up Eric on facebook instead of emailing him since I explicitly told you email would be less likely to reach him. End of the day we don't owe it to you to sell anything, and trash talking our hard work is not going to earn you any favors. If you want to talk with him and ask him to prioritize extra x1 parts then do so, because he damn sure does not want me telling him what to do.

Comment

• Buzzard68
              Buzzard68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Paxtana, once again, I want to apologize if I got rude. Frustration sets in, I've been trying to get spare batteries for a while. I will argue one point. When you have a customer who has bought a bike from Luna, or two bikes in my case, you should feel some obligation to sell the parts and accessories that are required for the bikes. I still do not understand the hierarchy at Luna, it is shall we say, a little less communicative than any other company I have done business with. I did find Eric on Facebook, left a message. I also applied for membership in Fast Electric Bikes. I have heard nothing back, we shall see. Thank you, Paxtana, for taking time to answer queries on this forum.

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries. I get what you mean, but to be fair, if the battery broke we could probably find you one, but having a spare battery is not exactly 'required'. Even if the company disappeared tomorrow you could have the original case rebuilt with new cells using a service like this https://rechargeablepowerenergy.com/...ce-and-support

or this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuild-ser...t/254484370994

Are you sure you messaged Eric's personal facebook page? I see in our company CRM you messaged the company's facebook account a couple days ago, which is not the same thing as Eric's account.

As far as hierarchy, me and my team do most of the computer based stuff, but do not have the authority to force restock of particular items. I can make sure you get notified when we do have spares though, if it helps

Paxtana, I have looked for Eric on Facebook, both by his name (There several Eric Lunas on Facebook, none of them seem to be linked to electric bikes), and have looked through the Fast Electric Bike sites, have not found Mr Eric. If I seem rude, I do apologize, but I am getting frustrated. When I purchased both of my X-1s, there seemed no doubt that Luna Cycles would be stocking spare batteries for the X-1. There are so many facts that I have no access to, such as, is the X-1 battery a standard size that other bikes use. Why is it such a problem to get them and stock them? My total knowledge base of electric bikes is the two bikes I own. I live in a rural area, there are no shops anywhere near that have anything to offer. As such, I depend on you, and Luna Cycles. Is Eric the only person who does parts ordering? I guess the frames, and as such, the battery box and battery, originally came from Dengfu. I contacted Dengfu, got a reply back that they did not sell batteries, with no hints as to where to look next. I have tried hard to solve my own problem without being a pest to anyone, but I keep running in to the old "You just cannot get there from here" . So Paxtana, can you be more specific as to how I contact Eric on Facebook? I have looked, to no avail.

Comment

His name is Eric Hicks and he is admin on the fast electric bike facebook group. He is the only person that holds inside information pertaining to suppliers and sources.

The box is not made by dengfu, probably not the battery pack either. If I had to guess I would say probably a reention model.

Comment

Just trying to understand the issue here for curiosity sake....... Is he asking for a replacement battery for something that is in current production or is the same for something that is current? Or is the issue that there isn't anything in current production/sale that is compatible with the model(s) in question?

Comment

• Buzzard68
                  Buzzard68 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  73Eldo, I own two Luna X-1 Enduros, which are current bikes. I have been wanting to purchase a couple of spare batteries since I have owned them. I guess it is an unusual battery pack, I have not been able to find one anywhere that is close. No one seems to have any idea about where to purchase one. Luna Cycles is the obvious choice, but for whatever reason. they have not had any available in the last year.

• brothergc
                  brothergc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not picking on luna cycles here , but this is the reason I will never own ANY pre-built E-bike from any one manufacturer . Parts availability . building Your own is , IMO is the way to go. That way I am not locked into any One E-Bike manufacture for parts , and The Bafang motor parts are available from many on line retailers
                  Last edited by brothergc; 11-05-2023, 03:41 PM.

• paxtana
                  paxtana commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We have seen more standardization in recent years, which is why you can buy X2 batteries from various manufacturers directly on aliexpress if you wanted to. Because the Dengfu frame is used across multiple ebike companies, battery companies can make the pack that fits that frame for wide enough compatibility that it makes sense to sell them.

He just wants an extra. We have sold spare x1 packs in the past and even had it as an option on the site but demand usually outstrips supply. All I can do is notify when we get some spares, which I am happy to do, but it will probably be many months at best unless real customers start making their voices heard to the person that actually makes decisions on what is a priority.

Comment

I’m another guy who has been quietly waiting for an extra battery to get more mileage. I was actually just searching for how to see if anyone has patched in a Wolfpack or something when I found this thread. I’m on the email list for when a restock occurs.

Comment

• paxtana
                    paxtana commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can wire in other batteries including 52v nominal batteries if you wanted to. One guy made a video demonstrating this, it is in the knowledge base thread for the x1

Originally posted by Buzzard68 View Post
                  I am asking this of Luna, as well as other X-1 owners. Where can I get a spare battery for my X-1? I fear as time goes on, it will become more difficult to obtain one. I am not so well aquainted with the rest of the e-bike world to know, is the battery mount used in the X-1 unique to that bike, or is it a common mount/style. Is there another bike on the market that uses this mount and battery? Has anyone found another source for a battery for the X-1? Will Luna ever have them in stock?
                  I can make you a battery my number is 310-947-2749! I can make pretty much any battery needed but I know for a fact I can get you x1 battery so text me I’ll get it done

Comment

Working...
                  X