Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running a Rohloff with a mid-drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a Rohloff with a mid-drive?

Just wondering if anyone is running their BBS02 or BBSHD mid-drive with the Rohloff and new splined sprockets. I was hoping to compare notes about an unexpected (minor) problem I ran into.

I've been wondering about this too. In my reading i've seen where nuvinci hubs were blown up and other hubs were loaded with too many small fine parts and gears to withstand the torque. I'm leaning toward front drive hub to go with nuvinci on new bike and leaving mtb with bbshd as is on cassets.

Comment

Anyone that can afford to. A dream of a combination! BUT there are less expensive options that will hold up, especially with the GS and common sense. Good old Sturmey Archers are up to the task.
      Last edited by Louis; 07-21-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

The hub itself is perfectly fine. I had a 14 tooth splined sprocket apparently come apart on me. It started with what felt like chain slippage and eventually I checked to find the sprocket was just gone. I've got a 13 tooth on there and more 14 tooth spares coming. The new sprocket works perfectly so I wonder if it was just a bad sprocket with a manufacturing flaw. I'm sure I was applying more torque than a person would have but far, far less than what the hub is known for tolerating. At first I thought it was the shear pins and realized it wasn't.

​It really is a sweet setup. This is my daily commuter and I've only driven to work 3 times since the beginning of the year. Sure it is an expensive option but much less than the cost of the use of a car.

Comment

• CPG
          CPG commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I'm running one with my Montague Pro, (a Rohloff ), 120 miles, zeo issues!. More to follow in a day or so under Custom Builds.

Yup it's a dream. Over 3000 miles not a single problem

Comment

Working...
        X