Looking for House Brand E-bike Manufacture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for House Brand E-bike Manufacture

I have built several offroad e-mountain bikes over the years but the one thing they have in common is they still look like DIY kits. The new e-mountain bikes are fully integrated they just look awesome and IMO just next level compared to a DIY's type bike. Sure my BBSHD DIY kit performs al so well and the cost savings are there compared to a store bought e-mountain bike but it's like buying / building a kit car. You can always tell a kit car from a manufacture built car.

The idea is to buy directly from the manufacture that makes bikes from the other big manufactures like a Specialized, Trek, Giant, SantaCruz, etc but UNBRANDED. Do any of the manufactures sell or offer a house brand? Same concept for any other house brand does this idea exist in the ebike community? Is there a house brand of some really great ebike that cost much cheaper than the "original" I want the same spec and quality just dont want to pay for the name.

So with that being said would it be possible to buy an "unbranded" bike from a Taiwan / China manufacture that makes the bikes for companies like Specialized, Trek, Giant etc at a much lower cost? I would much rather go this route than go out and buy another BBSHD and put it on a 10 year old bike.

First is this a thing? Second if it is a thing how would I go about doing this? Anyone know of any Taiwan bike manufacture that does this?

I don't have any specific links to provide but I'm fairly certain you can go to places like ali express and buy unbranded hub motor bikes direct from China. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about any mid drives but they have to be out there. I don't think you are going to find much that go to the big names like say Trek because they are using Bosch and Shimano drives and they seem to keep a pretty tight and official dealer network and distribution but the startup e bike brands are just basically buying them offline so I'm sure anyone could also do it too with Bafang or no name clone motors.

Comment

• FIDIG
      FIDIG commented
      Editing a comment
      No you miss the point. The whole point of finding a manufacture that already makes ebikes for big companies like specialized or Trek or Giant is they already have the know how, expertise and quality assurance of making a good bike they are essentially experts at this. I don't want to flip a coin and go to Alibaba and just buy any random bike. Besides I haven't really found a good one on there. Frey looks to be the closes to what I'm looking for most of the bikes on there use low specs. I want to go to the same guys that make the great bikes for other companies and just buy an unbranded version of the same good bike. Most of these bikes are already made in Tiwan or China to start with but there are plenty of horror stories out there so if someone knows a good manufacture then plz speak up. I've been asking around on several of the forums but I haven't found any.

See if Bikesdirect.com has anything that suits you.
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...wholesale.html

Comment

• FIDIG
      FIDIG commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I'll check them out.
Working...
X