Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FATtire
    commented on 's reply
    I believe they were $159.xx from bicyclebuys.com. I got the wire bead; the cheaper option.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    I typically start shopping for the stuff with finite service life the moment I put that stuff on... keep shopping until I find a deal and so there they set until needed... these days it's just a fresh chain and tires... got lucky on a set of tires, found them right after putting the present set on for excellent price and I'm really amazed at how long the present set is going... At about 1000mi on them and they show very little wear - didn't expect that! All my past sets were getting a bit shaggy around 1500mi..

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    I bought a bunch of stock a couple of years ago so I wouldn't get caught with tariffs or lack of parts. I had a couple of controllers that didn't pan out so I am not fat on those.

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    We sure don't want to mention that mere 20% tariffs on chinese goods catching up ;-}

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    There aren't many fat street tires out there and the supply chain has been screwed up for a couple of years. If you want them or worst yet really need them you are either going to cough up the money or park the bike. Lets not mention the inflation that is not happening now besides.

• hoggdoc
    commented on 's reply
    $100.00 a tire that's insane.

• hoggdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mind sharing what you paid for those tires. I have the same bike as you and was surprised how much these 4" tires cost.

• FATtire
    commented on 's reply
    The folding beads were always $110.

• FATtire
    commented on 's reply
    So IIRC they were 79+ tax on amazon 3 weeks ago, then 89, now $99. Even on bicyclebuys.com they've jumped $10.

• 73Eldo
    commented on 's reply
    I wasn't paying that close attention but are the up from when he first posted the link even? After I saw your comment I clicked the link again and it was at $99 which seems on the high side to me but since I'm not currently in the market for a fat street tire maybe I never really looked at the price.

• FATtire
    commented on 's reply
    They're up $20 from a few weeks ago! Things are crazy with bike parts.

• calfee20
    replied
    Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
    I have never ridden them myself, only seen them in photos but to me they look like a great option for a fat bike that is mostly ridden on pavement. Hopefully they are not discontinued but I could not find them on the Origin 8 site so that can't be a good sign. If you want some better snatch them up quick while there is still some stock floating around. Fat bikes are so popular especially in the E world that you would think there would be more street tire options for them.
    Amazon has them. https://www.amazon.com/Origin8-Super.../dp/B012EIXCWI

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    What a difference a tire makes

• FATtire
    commented on 's reply
    I think no matter what you ride, we can all agree the Kenda Juggernauts are junk lol.

• FATtire
    commented on 's reply
    I'm hoping it's a covid thing. The bargain basement freewheel I bought has doubled in price... (Drift maniac 11-34t)
Working...
X