Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a 170mm rear fat wheel when converting from a hub motor to mid drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a 170mm rear fat wheel when converting from a hub motor to mid drive?

Hey guys! Was wondering what most people do about replacing their rear wheel when converting from a rear hub motor fat bike to a mid drive?
    I've been searching forever for a 170mm nutted fat bike rear wheel that DOESN'T have a hub motor in it and can't find anything available in this country that seems to work. It didn't occur to me until after I purchased my whole BBSHD kit that I can't use my existing rear wheel (I thought I could just take out the hub motor from the outer shell but didn't realize that also takes out the axle/freewheel threads/disc brake mounts/etc…) So far it seems like everything available is 190/197 thru axle situation which def won't work with the frame I have. Thinking of returning my whole BBSHD kit since it seems like I can't even use it unless I buy a whole new frame. Thanks for any help in advance!

There are a few listed as 170/177 that come with adapters so they can be used either through axle or QR or in some cases bolt on. Halo and Sun Ringle are 2 that I found in stock in a few places. They are both in the $200 range just for the hub.

Comment

• Trials4me
      Trials4me commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info! I was able to find someone that can build one for me so i'm either going to go with that or maybe scrap the whole idea (or maybe even sell this fat ebike & save up for a mid drive plus bike…)

My Electra Fat Cruiser that they don't make anymore has that size rear hub. Maybe you can get parts at an Electra/Townie dealer.

Comment

Working...
    X