Helmet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet Question

Hi. I'm a new Ebike owner...just ordered a Super73 S2 and hope to get it in January. I'd appreciate any guidance on proper helmet types. Should I just use the same helmet that I use on my bicycle, or should I use a motorcycle helmet. I plan to use it purely for pleasure riding on public and private roads...max speed of about 30 mph. Thanks.

Any bicycle helmet is adequate. A skate helmet may look better with the super73 than an aero style helmet.
    "I need another SimuLatte"

Comment

If you want more protection the Downhill racers use full face helmets that still have the bicycle helmet ventilation.

But I just wear the regular bike helmet.

Comment

Hello Motorstreet , I know there is a new brand XNITO that develop helmet for e-bike, e-vehicles for protection up to 28mph, the style looks like urban cycling helmet but it passes NTA-8776 certification, which is higher safety standard than CPSC cert (regular bike helmet) and DH cert (Downhill, mountain bike helmet). They are still raising their fund on Indiegogo and suppose to deliver to backers in April. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/x...s/x/27554823#/. Take a look if you are interested.

Comment

• Retrorockit
          Retrorockit commented
          Editing a comment
          I looked at that and it looks good to me. But I disagree with the front light being on the helmet. I've seen traffic accidents caused by drivers becoming confused by the motion of helmet lights in traffic.Also I doubt if a light with functional power and optics can be integrated into that space.They work great off road in the wide open spaces.But I think it's just one step too far for real world use.IMHO a side marker light function would be of more use. That's something that's consistently missing from bike safety products.
          Last edited by Retrorockit; 03-01-2022, 10:32 AM.

• Mike_V
          Mike_V commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it, but want more protection for my teeth and jaw, at least one bar face protection, and I'll buy it Lindy.

• Retrorockit
          Retrorockit commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good point, and the next step up in protection.It would also help visually identify it as something different than other bike helmets.

Here is an old thread on ebike safety. There is a lot in it about helmets. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ety-discussion

Comment

Thanks for the link. Very helpful.

Comment

What is helmet safety?
            A helmet should be: Snug: It does not slide from side-to-side or front-to-back. Level: It should sit on top of the head, covering the top of the forehead and not tilt in any direction. Stable: A chinstrap keeps the helmet from rocking.
            Last edited by oxford121; 03-31-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

A friend of mine uses thispremium, very safe helmet with MIPS safety certification and a sliding eye shield. Looked pretty cool to me, if you could get past the price tag anyway. It's called the Giro Bexley MIPS helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by austin90 View Post
                A friend of mine uses thispremium, very safe helmet with MIPS safety certification and a sliding eye shield. Looked pretty cool to me, if you could get past the price tag anyway. It's called the Giro Bexley MIPS helmet.
                Yes. really Awesome halmate chovice . And usefull post.
                Thanks..

Comment

Glad you liked the halmate suggestion buddy haha!

Comment

There are many types of bike helmets and skate helmets available in the market. You can use a skate helmet for cycling if it has a CPSC certification. Otherwise, skating helmets are not advisable substitutes for bike helmets.
                    Last edited by Robert07; 11-14-2022, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Retrorockit
                      Retrorockit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Skate helmets have less vents than bike helmets and may be preferable for cold weather. E bike riders generally don't have the exertion traditional cyclists do, so the crossover point may come sooner. In my climate sweat running down into your eyes is a real concern most of the time.

How to manage long hairs with helmet if they get messy?
                    Check this site for latest apks.

Comment

I don't have long hair, but I always wear a skull cap under my helmet to keep sweat form running down into my eyes, and keep my hair from sticking up out of the helmet vents.

Comment

Working...
                      X