Old Ebike Hubmotor with only 2wires coming out of hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Ebike Hubmotor with only 2wires coming out of hub

Most hubmotor have 9 wires green blue yellow and the 6smaller wires for petal assists Can this hubmotor be used as is without having to rewire the hub I looked up the number on it on aotma.com website it says it's 1000w 48v but clearly with only two wires coming out its pretty old
    Attached Files

I don't know the history of hub motors but 2 wires kinda seems like its just a DC motor. To use it you would have to find a controller made for that type of motor. For smaller stuff older brushed power tools would be a place to find a controller but I don't think they got up to 1000w.

Comment

https://youtu.be/GP0su-EPm0s

Heres the best DC controller I could find. I will get one of these for an old DC motor I have. It clearly is built on the inside with way more quality than most of the other chinese crap floating around. And they make whatever wattage you want. Its got a ton of features you can wire into. So you can decide what features to hook up. But I dont know how extensive the instructions are. I can only guess that you could get this to work.

Kunray brand.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255799980134390.html

But before you spend money, It might be good to see if the motor works. Just hook a DC voltmeter to it and spin the wheel. If it gives you voltage, then hook a battery to it. 12v is enough and see if motor runs. They do have brushes and they do wear out. And ebikes are hard on brushes. So that "old" motor may be well used even if it runs. Its up to you what path to take, but Aliexpress has those controllers for pretty cheap and a month long shipping time. Ebay might have one, but it is likely to cost double.
      Last edited by stts; 09-19-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X