Can I use a 48v 15ah Battery with a 36v 350 w bafang hubmotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use a 48v 15ah Battery with a 36v 350 w bafang hubmotor

The controller says it's350w for 36v or 48v but will 48v battery burn up my 36v 350w hubmotor ???

If it says 36 or 48 it should be able to work with 48. The question is do you have to tell it which battery you are using? Does this system have a graphic display or is it just got some lights? If its got a graphic display have you looked through the menus to see if there is a battery setting? Or look for an advanced menu? Have you tried searching any of the numbers you can find on the controller for some sort of a manual or more information?

Comment

Yea it has a display that I can change setting to 48v but it won't damage 36v 350 w hub motor??? Will it have higher top speed with 48 v battery with 36v battery top is 20mph

Comment

Originally posted by David08G View Post
        Yea it has a display that I can change setting to 48v but it won't damage 36v 350 w hub motor??? Will it have higher top speed with 48 v battery with 36v battery top is 20mphlolbeans​
        I think it will burn out if it reaches the top speed too high for a long time.

Comment

How much power gets sent to the motor is up to the controller. If the controller is properly programmed (and able to handle a high voltage) you could in theory hook up a Tesla battery pack to your 350w hub motor and be fine.

Comment

Yea, the Ah part just gets you longer run time. But the 48v will open the gates to more power into that motor. Its rated 350 watts. That means YOU have to make sure your not letting any more than 7amps into that motor on a long term basis. Especially on hills. You are going to be so temped to run much faster than that. And its going to fry that motor. Or even melt the nylon gears from being way too hot. I would say stuff an electronic thermometer inside the opening that the wire is coming out of and see how hot it runs with 36v power. Then make sure you dont get too much hotter with the new battery. For short spurts, you get better performance. But the main gain is a longer run time, if you are disciplined enough to not fry the motor.

Comment

Ok thanks for all the info people I have a 36v 350w controller and 350w hub motor with 36v 10ah battery hooked up and the bike runs great so after your comments I'm not gonna risk frying something for a couple MPH. IF I need more speed I'll jump on my 48v 1000w bike that goes 32mph

Comment

Working...
              X