Can I use a 48v 15ah Battery with a 36v 350 w bafang hubmotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use a 48v 15ah Battery with a 36v 350 w bafang hubmotor

The controller says it's350w for 36v or 48v but will 48v battery burn up my 36v 350w hubmotor ???

If it says 36 or 48 it should be able to work with 48. The question is do you have to tell it which battery you are using? Does this system have a graphic display or is it just got some lights? If its got a graphic display have you looked through the menus to see if there is a battery setting? Or look for an advanced menu? Have you tried searching any of the numbers you can find on the controller for some sort of a manual or more information?

Comment

Yea it has a display that I can change setting to 48v but it won't damage 36v 350 w hub motor??? Will it have higher top speed with 48 v battery with 36v battery top is 20mph

Comment

Originally posted by David08G View Post
        Yea it has a display that I can change setting to 48v but it won't damage 36v 350 w hub motor??? Will it have higher top speed with 48 v battery with 36v battery top is 20mphlolbeans​
        I think it will burn out if it reaches the top speed too high for a long time.

Comment

How much power gets sent to the motor is up to the controller. If the controller is properly programmed (and able to handle a high voltage) you could in theory hook up a Tesla battery pack to your 350w hub motor and be fine.

Comment

waste of time
            Last edited by stts; 03-24-2023, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks for all the info people I have a 36v 350w controller and 350w hub motor with 36v 10ah battery hooked up and the bike runs great so after your comments I'm not gonna risk frying something for a couple MPH. IF I need more speed I'll jump on my 48v 1000w bike that goes 32mph

Comment

Working...
              X