Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lectric Lite as a loaner for friends to ride with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lectric Lite as a loaner for friends to ride with?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Lectric xp Lite ebike?
    I'm thinking of getting one as a "spare" to use as a loaner to entice others to ride with me. Pretty sure I could even fit it in my small car with my Luna Eclipse.
    I Like the thought of a little lime green electric clown car pulling up and out pops 2 adults with ebikes - in a car that looks like it should only hold 1 clown, and usually does!

The lectric lite SEEMS like it could be an easy to ride, fun, portable and reasonably performing ebike, especially for less experienced riders, and at a decent price. I hope I run across one to check it out in person. 8 large is pretty cheap for so much ebike unless it's junk.

opinions?

I don't have any direct experience but from what I see and read Lectric in general seems to have a pretty good reputation as a good value and they have basically been around since e bikes really started to take off.

Good luck with the getting people to ride with you thing. I have 4 e bikes total and only ride 2 of them myself (on road bike and off road bike) and I can't get anyone to ride with me. This year I even moved an e conversion to a girls/step through bike thinking maybe some shorter people were not comfortable with the traditional boys frames. That bike only has 16 miles on all summer which was all me. I'm sure people would like it if they would just try......

Comment

• lectrik al
      lectrik al commented
      Editing a comment
      many things to ponder. thanks, don't mind considering downsides to things, but a bummer about finding playmates tho. The sandbox was always more fun when ya weren't by yerself

waste of time
    Last edited by stts; 5 days ago.

Comment

• stts
      stts commented
      Editing a comment
      waste of time

• lectrik al
      lectrik al commented
      Editing a comment
      I get the impression those guys shit on your front lawn. sorry for them and you if they did. I hate to tell ya bafang is a china product. so is everything else on whatever bike you, me, or anyone else rides - with very few exceptions. My german Magura brakes are probably produced there as well. I doubt there's any top shelf bicycle disc brake manufacturers in USA. This country and people talk the talk. those fuckers walk the walk. If we don't get it together we'll be taking orders from them in another gen or two.
      Love to have top shelf for everything in life, but sometimes whats on tap has to do.
      Will post if the lectric 3.0 is a good fun folding ebike or an $1100. nightmare... stay tuned

• stts
      stts commented
      Editing a comment
      waste of time
Working...
X