I want to start an e-bike repair shop, here is what I am thinking so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to start an e-bike repair shop, here is what I am thinking so far

I work part time in a bicycle shop but the owner only services the e-bike brand he sells, we fix flats on the total pos junk e-bikes people buy online but that's about it.

My idea is to source controller display combos and if someone has a pos bought online bike that 'won't go' just replace everything, no fiddle around, instead just a quick do over. New stuff everything matches.

I am getting one of these testers to learn more on how these things work.

"Quickly test whether the brushless motor coil is good or bad test whether the brushless controller good or bad; test whether the the brushless motor phase sequence is ABC and abc colors; test whether the the phase angle is 60 degrees or 120 degrees;​"

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	157786

I searched my area online and no one fixes the online junk e-bikes. I still got a bunch to learn but I seem get it with these BLDC motors. Pretty simple contraptions.
    Last edited by TwentyIsJustTooDamnSlow_!; 11-20-2022, 02:32 PM.

As many if not more questions fall on the battery side of things. Do you have plans for BMS and capacity testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs Ut View Post
      As many if not more questions fall on the battery side of things. Do you have plans for BMS and capacity testing?

Good thinking !

Links I just explored.

https://www.ebay.com/b/lithium-batte..._7024796227​

It seems the model aircraft community is into all the Lithium ion battery testing stuff. Using the keyword e-bike was bringing lame results.

Comment

Working...
      X