Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rithik123
    replied
    Me too having the same issue that possibly appears to happen when the engine is heated up a few. I've put more than 700 miles on it since I fabricated it around 3 weeks back. I have the steel decrease gear on request from Luna where I wish I purchased my pack from. I'm trusting that fixes the issue. free fire for pc
    Last edited by rithik123; 09-23-2020, 03:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• john90013
    replied
    I'm having a similar issue that only seems to happen when the motor is warmed up some. I've put over 700 miles on it since I built it about 3 weeks ago. I have the steel reduction gear on order from Luna where I wish I bought my kit from. I'm hoping that cures the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Luna
    commented on 's reply
    so glad to here you worked it out..... dont feel bad at all we are all learning.

• WebEsquire
    replied
    As a programmer (but also as an eBike enthusiast), I can relate to this thread.

Glad you got it all worked out.
    Last edited by WebEsquire; 09-08-2016, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alan B
    replied
    Thanks for reporting back, great thing to know and keep in mind as we learn how to diagnose these setups.

Leave a comment:

• Doc.neuman
    commented on 's reply
    Eric,

Problem Solved. It was the Luna Eclipse bolts the whole time. I feel foolish about the whole issue, but I've got to give a big thank you to you and your company for the service you've provided. Absolutely top notch attitudes and a willingness to make it right. You'll be seeing plenty of my business in the future, and you'll be getting that new clutch back in the mail.

• Doc.neuman
    replied
    The new clutch came in already. Thank you to Luna for the speed of addressing this issue. I pulled the secondary reduction gear apart on my BBSHD unit and the existing clutch looked to be in good working order. All the pieces in the secondary reduction unit looked in good order actually. The amount of grease left something to be desired, but I can address that in a few weeks when I get some Mobile 28. I replaced the old clutch with the new one in hopes of a fluke issue, but it didn't change anything. I swapped back to the old clutch and I'll be sending the new one back.

When putting things back together, I made sure everything was torqued well, took it for a spin, and still got the clicking. After all this I tried to think about what else it cold be, and after looking at the internals, I ruled out the secondary housing. I started to think about the chain itself, and did a few tests with no one on the bike. It led me to looking at the chain wheel trying to see or hear if the chain was the culprit, and I noticed a set of bolts that I never thought to check. The bolts on the Luna Eclipse were loose the whole time...I tightened them (some as much as 1/2 a turn) and everything sounds good now. I ran the bike through it's paces and didn't get any clicking.

I feel like a fool jumping to conclusion and blaming the BBSHD. I should have checked these bolts earlier, I just never though to look at them. Hopefully, this will be a lesson learned in the Luna Household and they can lead someone with a similar issue down the right path later. Thank you again to Luna for putting up with me; the customer service was excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Doc.neuman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the support! Gary mentioned that he was sending a new clutch my way. I'll take plenty of pictures and update you for future troubleshooting. I'll send back the old clutch if you want it for investigation.

I have been riding the bike daily and the clicking is getting a bit worse, but it still pulls hard. and it hasn't prevented me from getting anywhere.

• JPLabs
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh, I missed the throttle only part. Not crank arms then, you're right.

• Eric Luna
    replied
    I saw this video earlier my support guys showed it to me, and it seemed a bit peculiar..... it does seem like it might be the clutch.

I can tell you this is a super rare problem and i apologize this has happened to you but dont worry we will take care of that drive either right away or in the future.

It could possibly be the clutch slightly defective.....but not enough to cause failure.

you could either send it back to us now or just continue to ride it for a while and enjoy it and send it back to us later if and when it fails or when the riding season is done. you seem to be enjoying your bike and I think you should just continue to ride while the weather is nice. It will also really help us identify what the problem is if it happens to get worse. my guess is its just a small problem that will make that slight noise and never get worse than that.

Also We are also willing to send you a new clutch and some mobile 28 grease if you j want to take it apart yourself and replace clutch and try greasing it.

Again sorry this happened to you.

Leave a comment:

• marjamar
    replied
    Something loose as mentioned, the crank or perhaps the motor itself needs tightening, be my guess.

Leave a comment:

• Doc.neuman
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think so, otherwise it wouldn't happen using throttle. ill check them when i get home in case you're right.

• JPLabs
    replied
    Is this once or twice per crank rotation? Maybe you just need to tighten the crank arms?

Leave a comment:

• Doc.neuman
    replied
    New development. The clicking happens even when the load is being applied by me. I put the bike in high gear with the BBSHD Unit off, and i got the clicking when I pedal hard. I'm thinking it might be the clutch now.

Leave a comment:

• Doc.neuman
    replied
    Thanks for the input. I guess I'll do some more troubleshooting. Putting the bike up on a stand doesn't do much as the clicking doesn't happen when there is no load. It's comforting to know that the problem is unlikely controller related. I'm much more adept at mechanical issues than electrical issues. I'll see if I can replicate the clicking in a controlled environment without all the wind. Worst case, I'll re-grease the drive unit and hope for the best.

I'll be more carefull with my pants from now on as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X