I just found out the direwolf pack is no longer available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found out the direwolf pack is no longer available

I've notice Luna has been out of stock for a while now of different items. I got a response back saying the direwolf no longer available. Is the products discontinued told it's happening on the web site? I just missed it and wonder at times if something is out of stock, if it too has been discontinued.

I don't think Luna has sold any of their Wolf batteries other than with kits or bikes since late in 21. Earlier this year Paxtana mentioned as part of a response to a question here that they were soon not going to make any batteries in house.

My guess is one reason is due to not being able to reliably get reliable components . I think there has been a few batches that have failed fairly quickly which they stood behind but their vendors didn't so they just had to eat the costs themselves. I would imagine there are possibly legal liability and compliance issues already or upcoming that just isn't worth dealing with.

Could they find good components and do what ever type of certifications may be needed for various markets (which may not all be the same even within the USA)? I'm sure they could but they were already on the higher end of the price curve so going even higher probably would not make sense. Not enough people especially here in the USA are willing to pay for quality.

This is just my theory and I'm glad my Wolves are doing fine and I don't have to shop for a battery right now. Hopefully by the time I need one there will be a more clear winner than what we have to choose from at the moment.

Comment

Thank you. What I had liked about Luna was the products they sold were just good. If they sold an Apple...it was a good Apple. Other would have an Apple...but with Luna I didn't have to be concerned on quality.

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
        I don't think Luna has sold any of their Wolf batteries other than with kits or bikes since late in 21. Earlier this year Paxtana mentioned as part of a response to a question here that they were soon not going to make any batteries in house.

My guess is one reason is due to not being able to reliably get reliable components . I think there has been a few batches that have failed fairly quickly which they stood behind but their vendors didn't so they just had to eat the costs themselves. I would imagine there are possibly legal liability and compliance issues already or upcoming that just isn't worth dealing with.

Could they find good components and do what ever type of certifications may be needed for various markets (which may not all be the same even within the USA)? I'm sure they could but they were already on the higher end of the price curve so going even higher probably would not make sense. Not enough people especially here in the USA are willing to pay for quality.

This is just my theory and I'm glad my Wolves are doing fine and I don't have to shop for a battery right now. Hopefully by the time I need one there will be a more clear winner than what we have to choose from at the moment.
        Is it all 52V are discontinued. I haven't any avail for a while. But it doesn't say they are discontinued just out of stock. Do you know will they stop selling bafang? Right now it looks we need to order kits then without batteries. So you end up I think finding suppliers that also seel the bafang product.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill B View Post

Is it all 52V are discontinued. I haven't any avail for a while. But it doesn't say they are discontinued just out of stock. Do you know will they stop selling bafang? Right now it looks we need to order kits then without batteries. So you end up I think finding suppliers that also seel the bafang product.
          Here are a few other U.S.-based motor kit vendors:
          Last edited by ncmired; 12-24-2023, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Until apparently more recently if you were on the Luna site ordering a BBS kit one of the options would let you select a Wolf or Dire Wolf battery. If they were out of stock the options were just grayed out but it seems to be gone now.

Johnny Nerd Out 'seems' like a good guy. I say that in quotes because my only experience with him is watching him on youtube.
            Convert your bike into a custom electric bike. JohnnyNerdOut is an experienced e-bike mechanic who will take your bike to the next level.

Area 13 formerly Bolton is in the same category for me.
            Lithium Batteries for your Ebike needs! We only use high quality cells in all of our batteries, such as LG, Panasonic, or Samsung.

Comment

Anyway, I am a loyal customer of Luna, the products they sell are really quality

Comment

If you're seeing items consistently out of stock and received information that a specific product, like the direwolf, is no longer available, it's possible that the product has been discontinued. snaptik

Comment

If Luna is out of stock, how long will it take for them to restock?

Comment

• 73Eldo
                    73Eldo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its been a few years now since Luna has sold any of the Wolf series on their own. They were still making and selling them as part of their complete bikes and kits but last summer they appear to have quit that too. I think if I had to buy something today Johnny Nerd Out would likely be where I would go.

Luna has earned my continued patronage since the things they provide are of exceptional quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X