Motor (BBS02) not switching off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor (BBS02) not switching off

Hi, I am new to the forum, looked for previous posts and one comes close but it is not the same problem. I installed the conversion kit (Bafang BBS02) in August last year, and since I have put 2300 km without issues, but this week I noticed the motor is not switching off when I press the off button. The display does shut off but not the lights and the power seems to go to 5 after pressing the off button. If I long press +, the lights go off (with the display off because I pressed the off button) but short pressing - does not reduce the assist level. I have to shut the battery off and press the the display controller on while turning on the battery so the display goes on and the switching between assist pedal levels work. The motor does disengage when braking, regardless if the bike is on or off (the display off). I did reset the display to factory but didn’t solve the issue. I am about to order a new display and display controller but I am not sure if that will solve the issue. I would appreciate any advice. The bike has not gotten wet in the past three months, nor has the bike been dropped or any part of he bike received a shock. Thanks.

Contacted the seller (Accolmile), by disconnecting the display and checking if the motor worked with the throttle, a faulty display was confirmed. A replacement under warranty is on its way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rurik View Post
      Contacted the seller (Accolmile), by disconnecting the display and checking if the motor worked with the throttle, a faulty display was confirmed. A replacement under warranty is on its way.

It's nice to have support and a warranty! Good luck!
      Last edited by paxtana; 04-12-2024, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rurik View Post
        Contacted the seller (Accolmile), by disconnecting the display and checking if the motor worked with the throttle, a faulty display was confirmed. A replacement under warranty is on its way. run 3
        I am uncertain whether ordering a new screen and controller will resolve the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. For the last three months, the bike has remained dry.

Comment

Working...
        X