Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 to BBSHD swap question

Hello,
    I've got a bike set up with Bafang BBS02, motor is on the fritz. I want to upgrade to a BBSHD. Would I be able to just buy the motor unit and install it utilizing the same battery, wiring, computer display, shift sensor, etc, or would there be any compatibility issues?
    Thanks in advance!​

The chainring bolt circle diameters, secondary gear case chain stay clearance requirements, and the battery connector plugs are, IMO, the main fitment different between the two motors - presuming both are 68-73mm. Otherwise, the motors are very similar and all of the wiring/controls you have should work fine.
    Last edited by ncmired; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

If the length of the centre column is the same, the parts can be used together, the main thing to note is that the mounting screws will be different.

Comment

Yes it's all compatible in my experience. I have (2) BBSHD ebikes and (1) BBS02 ebike and I mix and match as needed (and controller/displays are exactly the same). Just note the issue with making sure your battery can safely power whatever settings you're using on the BBSHD if it's been flashed to be higher power than BBS02.

Comment

Working...
        X