Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK Xray
    replied
    There are a couple of ways to deal with the tandem issues. One way is to replace the stoker's crank with the Bafang. You have to use a idler crank arm (the left side crank with the single chain ring) that uses a square taper crank. You are still connected with your stoker. What I did was to use the Bafang on the front and move the idler chain to the right side. I then replaced the stoker's crank with a crank that has a freewheel so either of us could freewheel as desired. We have a tandem trike though so balance isn't an issue and having the cranks in differing positions is okay. We use the BBS02 with low gears so it doesn't strain the motor. If I had to do it over again, I would go with the BBSHD just for the extra peace of mind knowing it is built stronger. We haven't had any issues though and we have 1200 miles on it so far. With a 48v 20ah battery we get over 40 miles using PAS levels 3 or 4 and pedaling.

Leave a comment:

• beaudenis
    replied
    yet no idea I'm refection can be model BBS750 /1000

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    What motor are you using? Photo? Hub motor or BBS02 type?
    Last edited by Jon; 09-11-2016, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• beaudenis
    started a topic Winter Project Tandem

Winter Project Tandem

Hello I have a Project this winter a little crazy. These make the installation of electric assistance motor Bafang on a road TANDEM. My first question can make your installation of the engine in the direction oppose. TANDEM explanation on the pedal until the chain is on the left. So I have to put the engine in the direction oppose. A inside the motor there is a one-way clutch can reverse tone.
Working...
X