BBSHD saved my life!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBSHD saved my life!

Well, here is a good story to tell the grand kids! My wife, Barb, who has recently returned to cycling after a 30 year hiatus, had gone down the street about a quarter mile to the neighbors. She was on her way back and suddenly from behind she heard A loud truck engine reving, sirens and gun shots! She turned around to see all of this barreling down on her at a high rate of speed. And here she is on a section of road with a sheer drop on one side and a wall on the other, no where to go. She said" I thought I was dead! I hit the throttle and barely made it to the first turn off, and got off the road before I was hit!

They got the guy. No injuries to people, just property. Apparently, the truck was left running at a gas station, ( stupid), and this guy grabed it! DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR OR TRUCK RUNNING!

I'm posting this from my cell because power and cable are down. The chase took out a power pole.

Incredible story !! It pays to have a throttle and lots of torque !! Glad it all worked out and your wife is safe.

Comment

Excellent story, thanks for sharing. Having a throttle can be important!

You could title this "BBSHD Saved my Wife!" :)
      Last edited by Alan B; 09-17-2016, 09:04 PM.
      Alan B

Comment

• Rix Ryds
        Rix Ryds commented
        Editing a comment
        Good one Alan! In hind sight I should have!

• Alan B
        Alan B commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you still can.

• DCMoore
        DCMoore commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think his wife would be quite a considerable part of his life... So, still very applicable :-)

omg i have always said high power bike is safer than lower speed bike...finally a story to back me up :)

So happy she survived that...

Comment

• Rix Ryds
        Rix Ryds commented
        Editing a comment
        You are not receiving PM's, so I couldn't reply there.

Sure Eric,
        I would love to do anything to promote e-bikes! Especially for the guy that brought quality drives and batteries to the US! I'm a techie and a cyclist, so I've watched the e-bike scene emerge for years, but never jumped in until you started Luna cycle. Thanks!

Reflecting on yesterdays events, I realized that BBSHD saved Barbs life before. She got back into cycling (after 30 years)to do something that I enjoy and am passionate about. But she just did not have the muscle or the endurance necessary to tackle the hills in our area, some at 22% grade. But the BBSHD changed all that! Now she goes flying up hills that stop all but the hardiest of cyclists with a smile on her face and laughing all the way! To see the joy, the exuberance, the youth of an 8 year old in this old girl, well, it's enough to bring a tear to my eye!

So Thanks, really, Thanks a lot!

+100 to that, speed & power is safe & fun as long as you use it properly :)

Comment

Story is posted on electricbike.com here : http://www.electricbike.com/how-a-hi...s-womans-life/

Comment

Working...
        X