Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lights

Hi,
    Just started ordering BBSHD parts for a build on my wife's Specialized Ruze midfat bike. I searched both lights and brakes but got too many results, so if this topic is covered i apologise.
    What are people using as a brake light and how is it being activated? I would prefer a light that is powered from the main battery.
    Let me know what is recommended.
    Thanks
    Terry

B and M have some cool lights www.bumm.de
    however I am afraid the ekstra light intensity, when aplying the brake, is because the lower dynamo output is registered by the light. It is on the one I got for myself anyway. Dynamos nowadays rock.
    If you find a brakelight not dependent on a dynamo you will need a dc/dc converter so you get the 6v output, it is small and cheap.

Comment

Brake lights on ebikes are very rare. Flashing or steady rear LEDs are the norm, either separate battery or high voltage. Lunacycle.com has a high voltage rear light up to 70V, and Ebikes.ca has a higher voltage unit up to 100V.
      Alan B

Comment

I have headlight, brake and running lights powered by a dynamo. Really work well and are really bright. Put a dynamo powered taillight on my Bob trailer, which is also very bright.

Comment

While a cool concept, I don't see much utility in brake lights on a bike, taillights are a necessity if you're going to ride in traffic, the brighter the better. Everyone I know who has been hit by a car from behind was either hit intentionally, by a distracted or drunk driver, not because they had their brakes on.

Comment

The statistics are probably in your favor but cars, motorcycles and mopeds all have brake lights. In Denmark you are required by law to signal stop, on a bicycle, by raising your hand in an upright posistion (as if taking an oath). Yes you feel stupid.
            Of course this is a location with a lot of other bicyclist pedaling on the same road as you, and signaling one way or the other that you are slowing down brings awareness to your posistion and maneurvers.

Comment

Riding ebikes in pairs, the 2nd rider usually wishes the first rider has brake lights. Especially in the dark. My experience. No, I don't have brake lights but the wife wants me to add them.
              Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

See AZguy… people are waiting for that braking circuit! ;-)

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...-i-want-to-try
                See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
                X