Extend battery life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extend battery life

Hey guys, I've been riding quiet a bit on my new e bike that I finished building. And I have a ton of fun riding it. It's capable of 50+mph but as I figured I typically have it turned down on the low speed setting and always pedal during the rides. My only problem is battery life. I definitely wish I could have more battery life considering I'm riding it very reasonably. I even took precautions trying to reduce as much weight as possible because I know how big of a factor that is. I have a 72v 26amp battery, which is among the biggest they sell.... And it comes with a 5amp charger which takes about 5+ hours to fully charge if completely dead. I definitely don't floor it all around either. What would you guys suggest for extended battery life? Should I buy another battery and run them side by side?

You could read my article on Linkedin about "How Do I Maximize The Life of My Electric Bike’s Battery?" My Linkedin account is: batterypackhome@gmail.com. Hope it would be workable for you.

Comment

Depending on the controller you can dial down the amps. Controllers like the aftermarket bluetooth cyclone controllers have lots of features like that, as well as "soft start" which helps conserve power. Bunch of other stuff like putting more air in your tires and being more aerodynamic. But yes if possible the best solution is to add more capacity.

Comment

• Electricbiker100
      Electricbiker100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I was thinking of getting a 10amp charger so at least I could have a quick charging time when in need. I am well aware that a fast charger isn't the best thing for the cells, however I would only use it when needed. The only thing I was concerned about is some batteries bms limit how much amps you could get from charging, do you think a battery the size of mine would have it less than 10 amp? I'm guessing probably not, I wasn't given a complete spec sheet of the battery when I bought it so it's hard to know for sure.
Working...
X