Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBSHD Chainguard? Really Tall Fat Bike Kickstand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Chainguard? Really Tall Fat Bike Kickstand?

Ok, this is only half related to ebikes specifically. I built an electric fatbike with a BBSHD. It's pretty sweet, but I use it for commuting, particularly in the winter. I'd like to keep my pant leg from rubbing on the chain without using velcro to hold it. Does anyone know of a chainguard designed for or easily adapted to the BBSHD?

Also, does anyone know of a kickstand that might fit a fatbike? Specifically one where the chainstay is a good 14" off the ground? (An actual kickstand, not a rod you carry with you to prop the bike up.)

Edit: I forgot to mention that the bike doesn't have a kickstand mounting plate. Also, the kickstand would probably have to be in the vicinity of 16"-18" long.
    Last edited by Arcanum; 04-15-2016, 02:37 PM.

SKS Chainboard: http://www.amazon.com/SKS-bike-chain.../dp/B009GIDBDA

Comment

Due to the huge offset of the Bafang chainrings I never have a chain rubbing pant problem.
      The fact that I wipe down my chain, and re-lube with DuPont silicone after every ride or two, keeps it near pristine looking (no grunge).

Comment

Lunacycle has a fat bike kickstand, I'm using one on my luna frame,

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Tesla View Post
          Yeah, I've been considering that one, thanks.

Originally posted by HD Rockhopper View Post
          Due to the huge offset of the Bafang chainrings I never have a chain rubbing pant problem.
          The fact that I wipe down my chain, and re-lube with DuPont silicone after every ride or two, keeps it near pristine looking (no grunge).
          Rochester NY winters mean lots of snow, ice, slush, and salt. Wet, messy chain lube is more-or-less required, and my jeans tend to rub the chain despite the offset.

Originally posted by Marin View Post
          Lunacycle has a fat bike kickstand, I'm using one on my luna frame,
          Sorry I forgot to mention: The bike doesn't have a kickstand mounting plate. Also, that stand looks an awful lot like the stand I took off my Yuba Mundo cargo bike. Assuming it's essentially the same stand, it's not long enough. :(

Comment

Ok, when conditions are cruddy, I wear light weight overpants, and peel them off after my ride.
            I'm still a believer in obsessive compulsive chain cleaning with silicone based chain lube after almost every ride.
            And I can't picture a chain guard ever fitting properly, looking right on a Bafang setup.

Comment

SKS Chainboard mentioned above can be installed with a Bafang BBSHD? Anyone has actually installed one?

Comment

I have one around here somewhere. It's really kinda ugly and clunky. I'll try to remember to see if I can find mine. Off hand, I think it would be a PIA to retro fit. I started to mess with my OEM chanigaurd and got lazy and use an old school pant clip.

Comment

I actually used one on my bike (non-ebike). It is not super pretty, but it was the best I could find for chain board or chain guard. I wonder whether this will work with a Bafang kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X