Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a Full Susp 27.5 + Mid Drive using the BaFang G510.100 motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Larrison
    replied
    Here a few frames that are single units ones a titanium fat bike
    https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?...areScene=buyer

https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?...areScene=buyer
    Last edited by Robert Larrison; 07-06-2018, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ludie
    replied
    Hay did you ever get your order. I would be interested in something like this

Leave a comment:

• max_volt
    commented on 's reply
    Do you think the cut out portion weakens the tube? I see you got the batts so what about a ride review.

• Robocam
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I actually just received the package today. The batteries were sent through another carrier, and I should receive them by the end of the week.

• Sinclair
    replied
    Stunning bike @Robocam, love the simplicity and how the battery is spaced in the downtube.

21 Ah with Ultra Max is pure power, how is it performing?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    commented on 's reply
    No ebikes not allowed on the mountain bike trails, I ride my ebike on unimproved trails and roads where they are permitted. There's plenty of areas to ride though and I ride my pedal bike where the bikes with motors are not permitted.

• Robocam
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.1 KB ID:	51243 I ended up getting one of the "upgraded" AM1000 bikes. Here's mine =) I got it with a Lyrik and two 21 Ah batteries. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...p?f=28&t=91035
    Last edited by Robocam; 11-22-2017, 09:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Robocam
    commented on 's reply
    I feel exactly the opposite. Frey's battery mounting is far more secure, and their batteries are available in capacities up to 21Ah. The battery is also more visually compact because it uses the space inside the downtube. Look at how unobtrusive it is in the photo below. Also, extra batteries are very affordable (1000Wh of LG cells for less than $500).
    Last edited by Robocam; 11-22-2017, 09:18 PM.

• Robocam
    commented on 's reply
    Will they not allow ebikes?

• gturbo
    replied
    Frey bikes look good but the main problem with them is battery mounting. You could not replace it to standard shark battery. Has anybody found some manufacturer who can supply frame for usual shark battery case and G510 mid drive with maximum order unit = 1?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I have to be pretty careful about which trails I ride with my BBSHD equipped FS bike, ebikes are persona non gratis on all the choice world class trails the bike clubs have worked hard to build around here. Therefore I have a really nice unpowered FS bike as well so I can ride those trails and participate in club activities and all that good stuff I don’t want to miss out on.

Leave a comment:

• max_volt
    commented on 's reply
    It's amazing how fast these things are hitting the market. The EU claims the Chinese are 'dumping' their product. It's hard to argue with the prices though.

• max_volt
    commented on 's reply
    and pray what will you do with them?

• Jusbe_Cuzman
    replied
    So... I'm just about to buy somewhere between 10 and 20 of the Frey AM1000 bikes.

Leave a comment:

• Jusbe_Cuzman
    replied
    I'm interested in exactly the same setup. I rode a couple of bikes with the Bafang G510 Ultra motor at the Interbike show. Very impressive. There was a vendor at the show that had a nice full suspension bike. It's their "Lander" model and it's just coming out of development. Website is https://ksjuln.en.alibaba.com/ - you can contact Benjamin Sui at benjamin.sui@live.com.

Another one I've found is the Frey top end bike - Ivy Wang at sales@frey.bike has been extremely helpful. Link for Frey's Ultra Mid Drive bike is:
    Frey electric bikes are known for superior performance and reliable quality, and for long range ebike and big power ebike. It is a famous brand & manufacturer of the best off road electric bike for adults. We produce affordable electric bikes and accept OEM. USA/Europe warehouses for fast delivery.

I've found two potential titanium frame options for the Bafang G510. A "for sure" is the Baoji City Changsheng Titanium Co. - Linda Jiao is the contact. Link is -
    Fashion from Baoji City Changsheng Titanium Co., Ltd.. Search High Quality Fashion Manufacturing and Exporting supplier on Alibaba.com.

The second one is Waltly Titanium Co. - http://www.waltlytitanium.com/ - very impressive product line. Not sure yet if they make or can make a frame for the Bafang G510. I suspect that if there are enough questions/demand they'll figure it out. Person I've contacted is Sumi Lai - sumi@waltlyti.com

I've gotten quotes from everybody but Waltly Titanium, which is the option I'm most interested in right now. They make a lot of very nice, very high end frames. Sure would like to hear if anyone else is interested in this configuration. Seems to me that a group of people could set up some contacts for parts, warranty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X