No announcement yet.

Ebike ride in a firestorm.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to this source on ground shock path if you are going to be around potentially downed power lines stay off the sidewalk as it has less resistance than asphalt. Probably not a great idea either way but I thought it interesting.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/tex...-current-path/

Comment

Driving over power lines isn't even safe in a car much less a metal bike frame.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
        commuter ebikes commented
        Editing a comment
        All things considered, it seems that the wisest choice is to stay out of the area if possible.

Devastating, be careful my friend....

Comment

commuter ebikes man that's rough, I am really sorry to hear all that. Although it sounds like you guys are pushing through so that is a good sign. I'm sure it hurts to see so many parts of your life just taken away like that, but I feel for you. Really sorry to hear about the father-in-law as well. I hope all of this gets contained soon. Whats the communication like? From what I've been seeing, there are many people still unaccounted for because they cannot be reached yet

Comment

• commuter ebikes
          Editing a comment
          The latest is 38 dead with hundreds missing and not expected to be found. I have survivor's guilt because the neighborhood I live in was the only quadrant of town not burned, evacuated or under pre-evacuation advisory. There are still 50,000 people without power and those who have power usually don't have internet. My Dad and I are going to film the devastated areas using my bike and his drone.
          Last edited by commuter ebikes; 2 days ago.

Off topic of the forum, but this map shows the extent of the damage as of three days after the fire (which is still very much burning): https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/rob...-122.5781/15.2 but you have to zoom out and drag to North Santa Rosa. Zoom back in to see damage (burnt down houses are gray).

This picture shows about 5% of the destruction. The red circle is where I work.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	burnt.PNG Views:	1 Size:	945.4 KB ID:	48257

Those were UPS routes that I had for years. I would never have imagined the entire routes where almost every single house was destroyed.
        Last edited by commuter ebikes; 2 days ago.

Comment

Here is another picture, zoomed out with the same red circle for reference of location and scale. There are more burnt houses to the North not in this picture, but they are rural and thus more spread out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	48259

Comment

A long dry spell, wind and low humidity, a recipe for a horrible fire. Wishing everyone a fast recovery. I'll bet the contractors down there are going to be busy for years rebuilding all the damaged structures.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
              Editing a comment
              With over 3100 homes and businesses (and their contents) destroyed for $3,000,000,000 damage and counting (the fire is still burning), I think that many jobs will be created.
          Working...
          X