Shorter Cranks for BBS__?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter Cranks for BBS__?

Are there any replacement crank arms available that fit the Bafang BBS__ series that are shorter than the OEM cranks?

How much shorter do you want?

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the OEM crankset is 170mm, so probably around 140mm - 145mm. Pedals are too close to the ground with my current forkset.

You might give this thread a look since we got OT about shorter crank arms: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bolt-killin-me

I'm now using 114mm and enjoying the extra ground clearance. Easy to keep PAS working even during the most severe leaning.

Comment

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no idea what you mean. It feels weird but I've gotten used to it and the extra ground clearance is worth that adjustment.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      these would be great since I ride throttle only 99% of the time. Did these come in black or are they just available in silver?

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      eBay used and I will probably scuff them up then shoot flat black to better match. Unicycle stuff is what to look for and I'm sure there's other fish in the sea but I grabbed these for the length and price, hard to beat.

That works. I guess if they are alloy, they are silver on the inside as well.

Comment

Working...
    X