BBHSD Radwagon Cargo bike rear wheel suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBHSD Radwagon Cargo bike rear wheel suggestions

I recently upgraded my radwagon with a BBSHD. The install of a bbhsd on a radwagon is super simple. Any suggestions on where to source a cargo bike solid (affordable) rear wheel now that I've swapped out my heavy hub motor rear wheel? Also, kind of a bummer - I probably need to swap out the drive train since the cassette/freewheel aren't married up well with the chain.

I have a Radwagon and was thinking of upgrading it with a BBSHD. What is the issue woth cassette? Does the from sprocket not line up well? Is it too far in towards bike or too farout/away from bike? No adjustments possible? Is it rideable currently? Is the extra power worth all the hassle. I really like the Radwagon now for its smoothness. The pedal assist kicks in and you barely notice it. I think it currently has adequate power except for the big hills in SF. Can't make it up them easily so that's why I was considering upgrading....but I think I'll upgrade the front brakes to 203mm hydraulic tektros. Me and GF were cruising down a big hill in SF and I had to pull over because I could smell the brakes smoking.

Anyway....just curious if the upgrade is worth the effort. Tahnks.

Comment

• Jackson
      Jackson commented
      Editing a comment
      Been running the Radwagon with the BBSHD for several months - love it. No issues whatsoever. Bike is still pretty heavy (e.g. 100lbs) Run it with the shark GA pack - lots of power, range and fun. I also upgraded the front brake to 180mm hydraulic tektros - makes a big difference. Is it worth the upgrade? Absolutely!

Alex rims are available as double walled. Many of us are running them. I have Alex DM series on my ride. Other resellers use DM, DH, and big DX32

Comment

Originally posted by Louis Luna View Post
      Alex rims are available as double walled. Many of us are running them. I have Alex DM series on my ride. Other resellers use DM, DH, and big DX32

​I just ordered a DX32 and spokes to go with a Sturmey Archer hybrid drive for my Electra cruiser

Comment

Working...
      X