gear sensor installed
    speed sensor installed
    all of the battery, frame and sensor wiring

Things left to do..

Brakes (magnets and sensors)
    Clean up and loom front wiring
    install throttle cable extension
    install cup holder

With the exception of the brakes, everything is functional enough for testing, and on the work stand the speedo read 42mph in 8th gear. That's WAY to fast for me, but that's without the bike on the ground and my 200 lbs. on it...

I'm working on making it as clean an install as I possibly can and so far, I have to say it's looking REALLY good. I'll post a full set of pics and a write up in the "building directions" forum. As soon as I get the throttle cable extension from Luna, I'll be ready to button everything up..

After doing this once, I could easily replicate this build in probably 4-5 hours. The 68mm BBSHD was a perfect fit right out of the box without any spacers or bushing.

Looking forward to getting it out on the road!

Best,
    Rob

Originally posted by rligeti View Post
    and on the work stand the speedo read 42mph in 8th gear. That's WAY to fast for me, but that's without the bike on the ground and my 200 lbs. on it...
    Yeah, 42mph is no load and could probably even go faster (throttle), but won't happen on the (flat) road, no worries! Still, first ride will blow your mind. Look for a steep hill.

The planning of each part, working out the unique details, and having the right tools at hand, are what usually takes the most time. Once you have done one build, a similar second one would be super quick & fun.
    So, send us pics or it didn't happen. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by artdrectr View Post
      Yeah, 42mph is no load and could probably even go faster (throttle), but won't happen on the (flat) road, no worries! Still, first ride will blow your mind. Look for a steep hill.

The planning of each part, working out the unique details, and having the right tools at hand, are what usually takes the most time. Once you have done one build, a similar second one would be super quick & fun.
      So, send us pics or it didn't happen. ;-)
      I got it out for a test ride when there was a break in the rain and hit 25mph in 8th, pedal assist level one.. I'm blown away by the performance. There seems to be a lot more to go in reserves. Rode 3-4 level miles and battery went from 52v to 50.

Comment

Working...
      X