Power Assist Settings on BBSHD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Assist Settings on BBSHD.

This forum has been a great help in my ebike projects so thought I'd throw this conundrum out there. My latest ride is a Giant Anthem29er with the BBSHD kit. I call it the crack cocaine of e bikes because it's just so dam addictive. So fine tuning things now after 800klms in the saddle.
    The main issue is the power assist modes. I don't actually want all the power the BBSHD produces. I prefer to ride on the lower settings, usually around 4 or 5 on the assistance scale and generally cruise at around 30klh. Only issue is the assistance cuts out around 25klm on these levels. I need to up the assistance level to 6 or over to get the power to continue on past 25klh and through to around 35klh.
    I have ordered a programming cable and hopefully I'll be able to sort this issue with the assistance of my tech savvy sons, but can anybody shed light on this.

Here you go, this link has most of the info you need, but in the meantime have a good read through the knowledge base, there's answers to a lot of common questions there, doesn't cover everything of course but it's a good start.

You can download the software here as well, also use the search function and do some searches for programming BBS02 or BBSHD

This is an introductory guide to using the programming cable and the Bafang Config Tool to change the options of the controller for your Bafang mid-drive motor, so we won't be going in-depth about any other tab but the Basic tab. If you own a Bafang mid-drive motor you may want to change a thing or two in the controller

Cheers
    Felix

My Rides: DRZ400e setup for ADV, I love it, An old Hardtail MTB with a BBSHD

Comment

There is a very long discussion here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...hd-programming

Comment

Originally posted by AZguy View Post
        There is a very long discussion here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...hd-programming
        Thanks, forums can be a bit of a maze sometimes.

My Rides: DRZ400e setup for ADV, I love it, An old Hardtail MTB with a BBSHD

Comment

Thanks goys. I've just opened the links and had a quick browse. I think you've provided the solutions I'm after and confirmation I'm heading down the right track. Looks like I've got some reading to attend to now.

Comment

Working...
          X