Luna's Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna's Customer Service

In the past, when I had an issue with a purchase from Luna Cycle, I was sometimes let down by their customer service department. Being a crotchety old fart with a low tolerance for BS, I was always quick to point this out on this forum. However, after a recent positive experience, I thought it only fair to share it with the forum members and guests.

I purchased the recently released Cyclone mount from Luna. Being one of the first orders, there was not a choice between the 2D and 3D versions of the mount. Only the 3D was available and that is what I received. When it arrived I found it to be much less than I had hoped for as the BB portion of the mount was racked out of square and the 'U' shaped support bracket was actually machined out of square holding the two sides out of parallel! I found this completely unacceptable, opened a service ticket, and asked for a refund.

I got an unexpected quick response from Gary (paxtana), and after sending him some pics he agreed to send me the 2D bottom portion of the mount to rectify the issue. I agreed, and expecting it to take weeks, I was again pleasantly surprised when it arrived 3 days later! On top of that I was not charged the $20 difference in price and I was not expected to pay the shipping to return the defective mount!

So I just wanted to say... THANK YOU!! to Gary and the customer support staff for a job well done!

Of course I immediately bolted together my latest Cyclone powered ride with the new mount! Complete with a junction box to hide the wiring, a custom voltage display and ignition switch and a custom chain tensioner! I call it FrankenTownie!

They did good by me recently, when I stupidly ordered a 30 T chain ring meant for a BBSO2, for my BBSHD. All was resolved quickly and painlessly, and I'm at least as old and crotchety as you!

A new industry, new business, I expect some growing pains. It reminds me a lot of dealing with early hang glider and ultralight aircraft manufacturers. Things caught on so quickly, with sales through the roof, and new models every other day, the Mom and Pop "business", mostly started by enthusiasts first, biz people WAY second, once they realized they had stumbled on a real money maker, had to get their sh*t together quickly or else get left on the wayside. In the two years or so I've been a Luna customer, they seem to be responding to the challenge nicely. But let's face it, it's not like going to Wal-Mart and buying a toaster oven or some other consumer item made in the millions with an established chain of production through to the retail sales point. I'm glad it worked out for you also. Nice bike BTW.

Comment

• Rix Ryds
      Rix Ryds commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks CPG! I continue doing business with Luna, mostly because of this forum. Met a lot of good friends here. But since I started buying from them 2 years ago it seems their customer service had kind of gotten slack. Seems maybe they have tightened it up a bit! I was pleasantly surprised!

Hey Rix, goo$ to read, so, how do you like the cyclone? Compared to BBSHD? And the triangle case? I’m ordering an empty but haven’t seen one yet.

Comment

I really like cyclones! this is the second one I've done. I'll be doing more for sure! They are a little raw compared to a Bafang. Especially the PAS, no adjustment, just on or off! But coupled with a three speed switch and proper gear selection it works OK. Cruise control, was a surprise! Like it the best. I set it at a reasonable level and use the gear selector to vary speed. I don't pedal as much on this bike! I like the triangle case a lot. Got this one stuffed, 52v 20Ah. I'll be ordering the empty ones for battery building. UPP says it holds 117 cells, going to see if I can stuff 3 more in it and build a 20s6p with 80amp smart BMS. The FrankenTownie does 40mph now, 72v should push it to near 50. Going to need better tires as well!
      Last edited by Rix Ryds; 02-01-2018, 05:55 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

• Scoonie
        Scoonie commented
        Editing a comment
        Luna was out of mounts, are there any others? It seems the improved i knew about are no longer in biz.

• Rix Ryds
        Rix Ryds commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know of any other improved mounts. The new design that comes with the cyclone are much better.

I had some excellent after sales service from Rod From Luna-Mate, the Aussie part of the team, he went out of his way to sort things out for me

Happy Camper here...

My Rides: DRZ400e setup for ADV, I love it, An old Hardtail MTB with a BBSHD

Comment

Working...
      X