Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lithium battery rebuild service

Hello:
    Can someone suggest a lithium battery pack rebuilder service in the US? I cannot find someone that does this service. I have a custom pack with 18650 batteries in series.

I just got a repacked battery from Hi-C. So far it's working better than expected. I got mine at a cost substantially less than a new battery, and Patrick put in enough cells to boost the amperage higher than stock.

I'd recommend the service.

Comment

Does Hi-C have an email address or some way to contact them other than mail?

Comment

I have seen his web page before and never added him to my list of professionals to refer folks to because I do not expect he will be in business long.

That page linked above is more than enough for him to get raided by the department of transportation, which is bound to happen sooner or later.

Ebike batteries can not be legally shipped ground with that simple printout label, period. That "caution" label would be adequate for low capacity battery packs like you would find in a laptop battery, not something that is usually ten times larger which requires a much more involved (and expensive) hazmat shipping process to comply with regulations. Any company that sells lithium should know that.

To knowingly and publicly encourage potential customers to illegally ship batteries as part of his core business model is definitely the sort of thing he can lose his business license for.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
        commuter ebikes commented
        Editing a comment
        The fine for doing that is $25,000.00!

• Scoonie
        Scoonie commented
        Editing a comment
        It cost Luna that much?

• commuter ebikes
        commuter ebikes commented
        Editing a comment
        I work at UPS, and we have a list of approved shippers for lithium batteries. Luna is on that list. The process for getting on that list is equivalent to becoming an approved haz mat shipper. UPS wants to make sure that these shippers pack and mark them properly, especially if they will be on an airplane.
    Working...
    X