Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shiny new SunRace 11sp steel cassette (11-46t)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiny new SunRace 11sp steel cassette (11-46t)

Last time I checked SunRace didn't have 11sp wide range (11-46t) steel cassettes but I saw some chattering in another thread about wide-range 10sp steel SunRaces and took a look and found they are playing strong here now. I still have at least 500mi left on my present driveline but don't mind hopping on deals ($55) for things I'll end up needing before long and at my rate of riding, even with the brutal AZ summer almost on us it's unlikely to make it more than a couple of months - we'll see I'm experimenting with a higher maintenance approach lubing weekly and cleaning every few and staying way on top of adjustments - my last experiment was to entirely neglect the driveline, never cleaned it or lubed it and only adjusted if it was misbehaving.

If it works anywhere near as good as it looks it's going to be awesome! Beautiful piece of kit...

Click image for larger version

Name:	338.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	549.4 KB
ID:	62519

What a wide range of gears! I have 13-34, and I thought that was a wide range.

Comment

• AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      If I'm running a 39t chain ring 11-42t is adequate but I've been running a 42t chain ring and 11-46t is perfecto! 1st gear is great for steep, rough or crowds and in top gear 20mph is a good cadence with my legs petering out about 24-25mph...

Even my non-bike friends think it's pretty =]
Working...
X