Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify? Found, 26” hub motor front wheel,3 wire ,sensorless controller?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone identify? Found, 26” hub motor front wheel,3 wire ,sensorless controller?

Hi first time builder ,first time on a forum,if I’m doing something wrong let me know. Have a trek pure step through (townie) wife’s bike gave up riding my fixed , Building a cruiser, comuter . Want the best range possible, plan to buy battery ,controller and throttle through Luna. Educating my self on forums , and utube . Also want the possibility to upgrade to bigger motor or maybe just ditching found wheel and going with Luna front hub. Trying to rap my mind around the hole motor watt, battery volt ,amp hour thing. Any help greatly appreciated. Del

Sorry man that could be anything. If you're sure it takes a sensorless controller there's a pretty good chance you could source a sensorless controller easily enough and get it up and running.

Comment

If it only has three wires, it's a sensorless motor. You'll have to buy a sensorless controller, but not from Luna. I don't think they sell them.

I run a sensorless controller on one of my bikes. I run it on a motor with sensors. There's no connection to them. It works fine. You can get them from PSWpower or BMSbattery, who are in China. Mine came from the latter, although I've bought controllers from both places.

Where did you get the motor? How do you know it works? Did it come off a dead ebike? A battery is always good, but maybe you don't want to spend $60-70 for a controller/LCD for an unknown motor.

Comment

Working...
      X