Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size heat shrink should I purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size heat shrink should I purchase?

I wanted to purchase some of the XT90 S to attach a battery I have to my electric Bike kit, I watched the awesome video on here showing how to attach, what size heat shrink tubes would I need?

xt90-s pigtails uses 10awg wires.

Comment

Yeah but I think the OP wants the h/s has to fit over the xt90 plug ends. 3/4" h/s will go over the plugs.

OP - h/s is fairly cheap. Buy a good length of several sizes from a 1/4" up to 1 1/2". You'll find lots of uses for it and get a heat gun if you don't already have one.

Electrical supply stores should have 48" pieces - in colors too, even clear.

Comment

If getting a variety pack you want 3:1 marine grade adhesive lined. This will fit damn near everything you might need it for. I have heard good things about mulwark brand.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
          If getting a variety pack you want 3:1 marine grade adhesive lined. This will fit damn near everything you might need it for. I have heard good things about mulwark brand.
          That's what I get: triple heat shrink with adhesive on eBay. I buy a lot of black and a bit of red in 3:1 with adhesive. The stuff is pretty rigid after application, but I use 2 or 3 layers (fanning out) for waterproofing. The adhesive sure inspires confidence in its waterproofing capability. Even though I buy a lot of black, I am still always running out of the sizes that I need in black.

I supplement my black "3:1 with adhesive" (size) variety packs with various larger sizes, each larger size ordered separately on eBay. Sometimes you have to have a large enough size to fit over large connectors.

It is hard to find an affordable "3:1 with adhesive" pack with a variety of both colors and sizes so I buy 2:1 without adhesive multicolor variety packs on Amazon for colors other than black and red.

It is always super handy to have multiple colors and sizes on hand. I have had to halt projects waiting for just the right size and color heat shrink to arrive...sometimes from China.
          Last edited by commuter ebikes; 07-21-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X