Mechanical to hydraulic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanical to hydraulic

Switching my BBS02 kit from a mechanical disc brakes to hydraulics... Do I need to swap out the brake levers?

Originally posted by vtdownhiller View Post
    Switching my BBS02 kit from a mechanical disc brakes to hydraulics... Do I need to swap out the brake levers?
    Definitely. When you buy hydraulic brakes, they will come with levers attached to the calipers via a hydraulic hose, ready to install.

Comment

I am sorry i need to be more specific...I am taking my BBS02 kit of a bike with mechanical disc brakes and putting it on a bike with Hydraulic brakes... Is there anything different about the brake levers from the BBS02 kit

Comment

I am sorry i need to be more specific...I am taking my BBS02 kit of a bike with mechanical disc brakes and putting it on a bike with Hydraulic brakes... Is there anything different about the brake levers from the BBS02 kit
        Sorry, I am not familiar with the levers from the BBS02 kit.

Comment

Well the bafang brake levers are mechanical lol (cable actuated) the bike you are swapping the bbs to has hydraulic brakes so what are you really asking? Wether to swap the hydraulics out for the mechanical bbs02 levers with cutoffs and the old mechanical calipers from the original bike.
          Most certainly NOT lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott S View Post
            Well the bafang brake levers are mechanical lol (cable actuated) the bike you are swapping the bbs to has hydraulic brakes so what are you really asking? Wether to swap the hydraulics out for the mechanical bbs02 levers with cutoffs and the old mechanical calipers from the original bike.
            Most certainly NOT lol
            Definitely not too...just want to keep the brake cut off to the motor with the new hydraulics

Comment

Definitely not too...just want to keep the brake cut off to the motor with the new hydraulics
              http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...-brake-sensors

http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-b...-higo-830.html

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

My vote goes for the trip wire other than dedicated hydraulic levers with built-in cuttoffs. Make sure you get the push type!!

Comment

Working...
                  X