SNAFU to FUBAR in MEXICO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNAFU to FUBAR in MEXICO

new to all of this. forums, internet, cell phones, etc.. BUT ---- I got this tricycle ¨baby boomer¨ with peddle power and electric. Seems to be a 350 watt motor at 24 volts. After the intervention of several maestros and suppliers here in Cuernavaca she was ready for her maiden voyage. I had jury rigged batteries and the contact points were two alilgator clamps to the + and - terminals on the frame. I took off, everything fine, then a bump, clip snapped off, shorted with other pole and now speed controller does not respond. its 0 or full power now. Did I fry it? can i fix it? Price to replace? ALSO ----- cost and feasability of this type of trike with a simple conversion to get a top speed of 45 mph and a 30 mile range. I need CHEAP !!!!! I live in mexico and make pesos. Hub motor on front wheel of a trike ?¿?¿?¿? ANOTHER QUESTION.... a typical commute might be 10 to 12 miles with a change in altitude of 800 to 1000 feet. Are some of these systems energy recovery like KERS on F1 cars? Would be nice to charge batteries going downhill. any and all advise, comments, suggestions etc etc are much appreciated-
Working...
X