• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CraigAustin
    commented on 's reply
    Hear! Hear!

• Louis
    replied
    I came to Luna because there was a revolution being started. One that has lead to lower prices across the market. Access to innovations and a genuine interest in seeing more people building and riding kits. While being successful is certainly important, it's not been the core principle. Luna hasn't gone out into the market like the other purported innovators and stolen ideas and designs. Eric and Luna has developed and made the innovations, And made them available before anyone else. Notice Luna doesn't come to market with the highest prices possible on the introductions rather, like the color display introduced them at deep discount. NO ONE has EVER done that. The competition has copied, relabeled, tripled prices, and generally gouged kit builders around every corner. I take great pleasure in looking around the internet and seeing what's happened to pricing since Luna showed us that there can be a profit on fair prices and honest warrantees.

Leave a comment:

• Louis
    replied
    If you drive a V8 automobile does it compel you to drive faster than all the 4 cyl vehicles? The HD fits in just fine. If we want to start splitting hairs, the MP5, MAC, and the BBS02 are all capable of running outside this theoretical infrastructure.

Paul has not shown, nor has Roshan, to have any inside information. Simply forum gossip and speculation.

Leave a comment:

• rclc
    replied
    George, you are spot on. Live in Fort Collins, CO a huge bike community and they will not tolerate high spd ebikes. At this time ebikes period are not allowed on any bike trail, but...are not ticketed when operated responsibly.

Leave a comment:

• OptimusPrime
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeS View Post
    I'm more interested in refined drive systems that provide a good riding experience, than pure power. It's a bike. If you want to fit in with bikes, have access to bike paths, work with cycling groups for more bike infrastructure, you have to stay in the bike envelope.
    I'm 110% with you on this, George!

Leave a comment:

• yowsa52
    commented on 's reply
    Off field landings are fun. The retrieve sucks.

• yowsa52
    commented on 's reply
    I used to fly gliders too.

• yowsa52
    commented on 's reply
    First ebike here. Customer service is where you are at. Answering questions, making videos. You are on the right path. Online chat with Seb answering simple questions helped the ebike conversion go flawless. Don't change.

• HD Rockhopper
    replied
    This thread has gone completely off topic.
    It was meant to discuss reasons to buy from LUNACYCLE.
    Not airplanes, or future Bafang product lines.
    *Unsubscribed*

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeS
    replied
    I noticed the BBS 02 is no longer in the online Bafang catalog. I don't know what it means. Bafang seems to have done a great job with the Max, a torque sensor mid drive that requires a custom frame. Bafang is apparently working on a 750 watt torque sensor hub (Roshan/Biktrix). The more refined systems, especially torque sensing PAS systems, work very well with basic power levels. I'm more interested in refined drive systems that provide a good riding experience, than pure power. It's a bike. If you want to fit in with bikes, have access to bike paths, work with cycling groups for more bike infrastructure, you have to stay in the bike envelope. High power levels will make it hard to get access to trails that are open to MTBs, but not eMTB's.

Bafang is an amazing company. Paul is talking about exciting new products. I wonder how they are evolving, since they are such a big part of the market?

Leave a comment:

• wklatt
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, back country planes (especially experimental cub clones) with the big tires are the latest hot fad with small planes. But prices are getting way out of whack on some of these kit planes. Carbon Cubs are great, but hard to justify the inflated price tags. And yes, just as with mtn bikes, if you push the envelope too much, it can hurt. Usually good judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience sometimes comes from bad judgement.

• wklatt
    replied
    And just to tie some of the latest posts and comments back to the topic... Another reason to buy from Luna, is their understanding of airplanes and potential synergies with ebikes, with folding bikes and even mtn ebikes in the back country. I bet if you guys took a folder with a BBSHD to a local airport fly-in, you'd probably sell a couple kits right on the spot. And you just need to seed a few airports here and there and they will spread on their own. I know at our airport it all started with one guy and now several of us have them. That's how I got interested, otherwise would never have ever thought how practical and easy to install these kits are. Heck, I never even heard of an e-mid drive before. Even hub drives are rare on the street, but have seen the odd one before.

Leave a comment:

• Louis
    replied
    We had oversized tires to land the T Craft on gravel bars. Best trout fishing ever. Until my partner misjudged and tagged the power line. Fun is fun, but there are consequences. I'm firmly in the "There are no accidents" theory of life. Just poor judgements.

Leave a comment:

• Louis
    commented on 's reply
    Buy a scooter. 30 plus bikes are going to bring regulations. Watch. OSHA and its ilk exists because someone didn't use common sense and industries are typically incapable of self regulation. I like riding at 30, but find me a frame, or braking system, currently available for a bike the can be shown to be engineered for anything over that. The I'm a victim of traffic argument won't hold when it gets to the injury trial.

• CraigAustin
    commented on 's reply
    That is very true. At 30+ drivers are more content to follow vs. try to bomb past you. At 20 you're an obstacle to everyone and your head is on a swivel at all times.
Working...
X