Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montague get's with the ebike scene, sort of kind of.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montague get's with the ebike scene, sort of kind of.

As this blog link tells,( https://www.montaguebikes.com/folding-bikes-blog/) I've been riding Montague's for a long time, and a couple years ago I posted to their blog about my first BBSO2/Montague conversion, and it never got any response from them, they never replied. My takeaway was (and I could just be e paranoid) that they didn't want to sully their "pure" biking experience with anything electrically/powered. So, I waited and when I built up some time on my third (maybe 4 th., Montague, it's been that long, over 20 years now) bike from them, this time with the potent/kickass hotrodded BBHSD/Rohloff combo, to my surprise they published it on their blog.

Amongst my small circle (though nation wide) of flying acquaintances, NO ONE has the combo I have: mountain climbing torque and gearing plus high speeds, and still the capability of being able to make off airport boondock landings, ( two within a few feet of 10,000' AGL) in less then 200'. I can brag here......but right now I have a pretty unique combination of ebike and plane. The bad a** Super Cub guys can't fit the Montague in their (larger then mine) planes, the doors are too small! The guys I know flying Maules and Cessna 180's, (think Surburbans with wings, big and fuel thirsty) have the room and the big doora, but I don't know of any that have the bike combo I do. Sure, the Rohloff costs more then the entire bike, but it was the missing link, making the bike a do all ride, while still fitting in my small Light Sport kitplane.

Point being: as a sign of more and more general acceptance of all things e, they were enthusiastic this time! On a similar note, I am in the process of building up a bare frame fat bike, to e power of course, and as a result have been spending a lot of time on general bike parts supply sites, that sell handle bars, grips, pedals, forks etc. I have noticed an interesting thing, unlike a few years ago, when I first got into the ebike scene, most of these general bike accessory suppliers now have a "claimer" (opposite of a disclaimer?) at the end of their product blurb, and here it is: E BIKE RATED, sometimes :SUITABLE FOR EBIKES. The times, they are a changing.
Working...
X