Fuji Wendigo Fat Tire BBSHD size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuji Wendigo Fat Tire BBSHD size?

I have a Fuji Wendigo Fat tire bike I am looking to install a BBSHD on. The BB measures in at exactly 100mm. There is little in the way of specifics on similar builds with this bike other than it has been done successfully. I am looking at the BBSHD 100mm versus 120mm. I figure clearance is going to be an issue on this fat tire bike with the chain stay bulging out a little further to accommodate the fat tires and will require some spacers/shims. Given that I figured the 120mm BBSHD was the way to go. What say you all? With spacers how likely am I to be left with the 12mm necessary on the left side if I were to go the 100mm route.

I also planned on the 36 tooth luna one chainring.

Thanks

Richard
    Last edited by richdog22; 07-09-2019, 11:34 AM.

I used the 100mm and a spacer. Worked great.

I've built it 3 years ago and still love that bike.

Only problem I have now is that the BBSHD seems bonded to the frame.
    Wanted to take it out to give it a service but it wouldn't budge.
    So maybe a good idea to use some copper grease or similar if you are planning on ever taking it off again.

I bought a 30T mighty mini chainring but didn't like it a lot.
    Replaced it with a 36T Precialps ring and this is just perfect.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Should save me some trouble. I was leaning towards the 120mm but good to know the 100mm should work out better.

I also heard the 36 tooth is a good sprocket for this bike.

Richard

Comment

Wtf this is amazing. Thank u both so much. Bunch of folks said 120 was best but your bike is mine, rather is beautiful. Mine the dark green blue letters tho, 2017 2.1.. great to hear this works.

Amazing pics too. Looking for 100 v 120 due to chain clearance. Currently have jumbo jims 4.8" and the tire rubs on the chain on the largest cog of the bicycle bracket... so my concerns were real. Eventually will change tires due to daily road use.

great suggestion by them but this is what i had been asking for. Bought a used wendigo clearly ridden in the sand.. MD guy... so i got screwed but i love it all the same. Upgraded brakes so now just need to make the leap and my dilemna is/was yours...

120 v 100....

to the responder... thank you. To the original poster, thank you. We may be doing this goofy build "together". Still also in research process.

hopefully once mounted it works without issue. Looking for the best 52v battery that when hooked up will not give errors or fly off when turning. So we will see.

not a small purchase so all info rocks. Not many when u search WENDIGO

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO View Post
          Looking for the best 52v battery that when hooked up will not give errors or fly off when turning.
          Hailong 1 battery case 14S4P works well on the bike.

TIP: Add 2 extra holes in downtube with rivets so that the battery is attached with 4 bolts. This way your battery won't come loose.

Since the pictures been taking I upgraded to:
          2500W Ludicrous controller for the BBSHD (set at 2200W)
          Hailong 2 case with 14S5P and 40A BMS
          Magura MT5 front brakes with 203mm disc
          Magura MT4 rear brakes with 180mm disc
          Hope fatsno rear hub with steel freehub.

There was a German company that used to sell the Wendigo with BBSHD

Comment

So quick question Daxxie

do you find you have any chain rub issues in lowest or highest of gears on your tires? My only hesitation is not being able to go through all 10 gears that are at my availability.

to the community... LUNACYCLE...is this helpful for a 120 mm unit to go on a 100 mm bottom bracket? If I am not able to go through all of my gears and I basically have a 6 or 8 gear motorbike which is wasteful. In this economy? No thank you! Haha

Thank you all... toes wet for sure. I am in the air, i just need to dive in the water. And currently my pools are half full. Once i know i have the perfect product i am off to ride... 100 v 120... darn the teeter/totter!

WW

Comment

No issues what so ever with 100mm BBSHD and 26" x 4.7" Vee Rubber Bulldozers

Comment

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
                WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank u so much. Your replies, pics, etc are awesome. Its a HUGE purchase for me, and i just want it 100%. You are calming and help 100000% with pics.

Still psyched over the FB in the house alone. They are nothing but fun to ride. My knee and cbd is allowing to ride but this motor will be a godsend.

Thanks again!

Should save me some trouble. I was leaning towards the 120mm but good to know the 100mm should work out better. krogerfeedback

Comment

Originally posted by Daxxie View Post
                No issues what so ever with 100mm BBSHD and 26" x 4.7" Vee Rubber Bulldozers
                Hey where did you get your fenders?

Comment

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda look like motor bike fenders. Prolly keeps her back clean.

Originally posted by calfee20 View Post

Hey where did you get your fenders?
                I don't know if they are available in the US.
                I bought them here online https://www.internet-bikes.com/12125...29-inch-zwart/
                M-wave brand. They were like 9USD a year ago but I see they doubled the price now.
                I didn't use the mount and just screwed them to the bike (picture2)

Comment

Any feedback I'm looking to convert my Wendigo 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by mopar View Post
                    Do it! It's quite an easy bike to convert.

Some tips:
                    Not a bad idea to upgrade the brakes a bit.
                    My BBSHD was a very tight fit in the Bottom Bracket and I never managed to get it out again.
                    It just seems stuck in the frame. So if you are planning to ever take it out again Use some copper grease.
                    I use a 36T chainring (Precialps) It just perfect for the bike, good chainline! I wouldn't go smaller.
                    Add a rivnut or 2 in the downtube to mount your battery properly.

I have some newer bikes now and left my Fuji in Colombia.
                    My wife is colombian and I use it there on our holidays.
                    It's still doing great. Has a 2500W Ludicrous controller.
                    I did manage to melt the nylon sprocket in Colombia. They have huge hills :-)

Last edited by Daxxie; 10-29-2020, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar View Post
                      OMG if u have the means... this bike is incredible. I loooooove it.

per 100 v 120... i got the 100 i found what they said was true. Shoulda gotten 120. Allows for spacers and can be more flexible in the future. Mine the first nut went on but the black topper nut didnt. No teeth to grip. So after a fall of riding it was apparent i needed to keep a better eye, as the nut was backing out. Try it with a 19 or 18mm spacer to give the nut some tooth and go from there. Your feet already feel weird straddling a 5" tire, so another 20mm wont notice.

also battery happens to feel strong enough on the holder, but it slides around and mine fell back far enough to short a channel. Beware and figure out something to hold it on beyond the magnets. Me, nothjng yet. And the bicycle water bottle screws are inadequate. Mine fell out and i had to rivet in new ones.

First tho, get new brakes. $200 v hospital... get new brakes. Learn SLOW how to use them. Mainly the front. I top out at 30mph and its scary. Went thru a motorcycle course and am comfortable now. Get good gear. Its not if but when you crash you dont wanna be in flipflops.

its expensive, but worth saving the planet. Can store indoors, no gas. And the smile is worth the price. Yes. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daxxie View Post

Do it! It's quite an easy bike to convert.

Some tips:
                        Not a bad idea to upgrade the brakes a bit.
                        My BBSHD was a very tight fit in the Bottom Bracket and I never managed to get it out again.
                        It just seems stuck in the frame. So if you are planning to ever take it out again Use some copper grease.
                        I use a 36T chainring (Precialps) It just perfect for the bike, good chainline! I wouldn't go smaller.
                        Add a rivnut or 2 in the downtube to mount your battery properly.

I have some newer bikes now and left my Fuji in Colombia.
                        My wife is colombian and I use it there on our holidays.
                        It's still doing great. Has a 2500W Ludicrous controller.
                        I did manage to melt the nylon sprocket in Colombia. They have huge hills :-)

i hadnt read yours first... so yeah we kinda said the samey same. The 36t was a great sugg. No issues with chain... oh. Get a new chain. And a downtube guard... great for deflecting everything.

thats funny daxxie.

Comment

Comment

• 73Eldo
                            73Eldo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I like the parking stand. I didn't think of using that type of material.

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
                            Editing a comment
                            Per 73eldo and all... thats i think 2" pvc... glued all but top of tire tube. Filled with sand. Works amazing. Made second one for my unicycle that i cant ride but looks awesome. DIY pvc bike stand... give it a goog. Tons of idears.
                        Working...
                        X