Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73Eldo
    replied
    Most of the vendors that sell the BBS kits also sell spacers either individually or as an assortment kit. IF your old one had a lock nut that should work as a spacer. Wheels Mfg and a few others also make spacers but I'm not sure how common it is for shops to stock em and the seem to cost more than ones from a Bafang vendor.

Leave a comment:

• mopar
    replied
    MY BBSHD came with the tool that fit my hollow crank. Quick mounting need some spacers and to add a rivnut for the battery. What do you guys use for spacers?
    Last edited by mopar; 12-17-2020, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    Do you have the proper often special tools required to get your existing crank off and bottom bracket removed? Other than the spacing which you already have a handle on that is usually the next biggest obstacle when it comes to physical assembly. There are tons of styles of bottom bracket and crank arms these days so just identifying what you have and then what tools are needed can be tricky then there is actually doing it which first you have to know what turns which direction. Park Tools has some decent videos on Youtube on how to identify and work on various types and of course they show you what the tools look like and their part numbers.

Then for down the road with the BBS its good to have a crank arm puller. You may end up having to tighten the unit which generally requires you to remove the crank arm. You may also end up changing chain rings which again requires the arm to come off. I think the cheap park tool is like $15 then if you buy a nice 8mm hex to re install its another $15. Luna has their tool kit that looks like it includes those tools plus a lot more for only $40 so if you don't have any bike specific stuff that looks like a nice assortment. I just looked at the list again and it doesn't have the 8mm but even has a a cassette lock ring and chain whip tool. Its all the way to the right in their store under EXTRA - TOOLS. It says name brand tools they just don't mention the name. I kinda doubt its Park quality stuff but for tools you may only use 1 or 2 times per year will likely do the job just fine. You can also get the Luna BBS wrench thrown in for an extra $10.

Leave a comment:

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    replied
    If u dont have tools harbor freight has the basics. Otherwise get a luna wrench and maybe a spacer kit. U may be ok with spacers but always good if not. May be good investment down the line. Enjoy. Ifs an amazing experience. Permasmile.

Leave a comment:

• mopar
    replied
    Ok so I’ll get the 120 and do the 36t. Anything else?

Leave a comment:

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    commented on 's reply
    Per 73eldo and all... thats i think 2" pvc... glued all but top of tire tube. Filled with sand. Works amazing. Made second one for my unicycle that i cant ride but looks awesome. DIY pvc bike stand... give it a goog. Tons of idears.

• 73Eldo
    commented on 's reply
    I like the parking stand. I didn't think of using that type of material.

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    replied
    Originally posted by Daxxie View Post

Do it! It's quite an easy bike to convert.

Some tips:
    Not a bad idea to upgrade the brakes a bit.
    My BBSHD was a very tight fit in the Bottom Bracket and I never managed to get it out again.
    It just seems stuck in the frame. So if you are planning to ever take it out again Use some copper grease.
    I use a 36T chainring (Precialps) It just perfect for the bike, good chainline! I wouldn't go smaller.
    Add a rivnut or 2 in the downtube to mount your battery properly.

I have some newer bikes now and left my Fuji in Colombia.
    My wife is colombian and I use it there on our holidays.
    It's still doing great. Has a 2500W Ludicrous controller.
    I did manage to melt the nylon sprocket in Colombia. They have huge hills :-)

i hadnt read yours first... so yeah we kinda said the samey same. The 36t was a great sugg. No issues with chain... oh. Get a new chain. And a downtube guard... great for deflecting everything.

thats funny daxxie.

Leave a comment:

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    replied
    Originally posted by mopar View Post
    Any feedback I'm looking to convert my Wendigo 2.1
    OMG if u have the means... this bike is incredible. I loooooove it.

per 100 v 120... i got the 100 i found what they said was true. Shoulda gotten 120. Allows for spacers and can be more flexible in the future. Mine the first nut went on but the black topper nut didnt. No teeth to grip. So after a fall of riding it was apparent i needed to keep a better eye, as the nut was backing out. Try it with a 19 or 18mm spacer to give the nut some tooth and go from there. Your feet already feel weird straddling a 5" tire, so another 20mm wont notice.

also battery happens to feel strong enough on the holder, but it slides around and mine fell back far enough to short a channel. Beware and figure out something to hold it on beyond the magnets. Me, nothjng yet. And the bicycle water bottle screws are inadequate. Mine fell out and i had to rivet in new ones.

First tho, get new brakes. $200 v hospital... get new brakes. Learn SLOW how to use them. Mainly the front. I top out at 30mph and its scary. Went thru a motorcycle course and am comfortable now. Get good gear. Its not if but when you crash you dont wanna be in flipflops.

its expensive, but worth saving the planet. Can store indoors, no gas. And the smile is worth the price. Yes. Do it.

Leave a comment:

• Daxxie
    replied
    Originally posted by mopar View Post
    Do it! It's quite an easy bike to convert.

Some tips:
    Not a bad idea to upgrade the brakes a bit.
    My BBSHD was a very tight fit in the Bottom Bracket and I never managed to get it out again.
    It just seems stuck in the frame. So if you are planning to ever take it out again Use some copper grease.
    I use a 36T chainring (Precialps) It just perfect for the bike, good chainline! I wouldn't go smaller.
    Add a rivnut or 2 in the downtube to mount your battery properly.

I have some newer bikes now and left my Fuji in Colombia.
    My wife is colombian and I use it there on our holidays.
    It's still doing great. Has a 2500W Ludicrous controller.
    I did manage to melt the nylon sprocket in Colombia. They have huge hills :-)

Last edited by Daxxie; 10-29-2020, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mopar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daxxie
    replied
    Originally posted by calfee20 View Post

Hey where did you get your fenders?
    I don't know if they are available in the US.
    I bought them here online https://www.internet-bikes.com/12125...29-inch-zwart/
    M-wave brand. They were like 9USD a year ago but I see they doubled the price now.
    I didn't use the mount and just screwed them to the bike (picture2)

Leave a comment:

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    commented on 's reply
    Kinda look like motor bike fenders. Prolly keeps her back clean.

• WENDIGO WHEREDHEGO
    commented on 's reply
    Thank u so much. Your replies, pics, etc are awesome. Its a HUGE purchase for me, and i just want it 100%. You are calming and help 100000% with pics.

Still psyched over the FB in the house alone. They are nothing but fun to ride. My knee and cbd is allowing to ride but this motor will be a godsend.

Thanks again!
Working...
X