BBSHD broken by programing cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD broken by programing cable

I connected my BBSHD to a programming cable. Now it wont start upp :( What to do?

New controller. Who did the cable come from? Faulty wiring can definitely brick the controller.

Comment

I bought it from eBay. I SEE now that was a big misstake. But should the power from the battery stay on when i plug in the programming cable or not?

Comment

Yes, the cable should turn the system on. It jumpers the ON wires. You should be able to operate the syst with just a program cable connected, no pc, no display.

Battery needs to be connected for programming to work, also.

Maybe you just bent a pin in the display connector? I did that once.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

This allows you to change your factory settings and hot rod program your Bafang BBSHD or BBS02 DQFanFeedback.

Comment

I bought a new controller from Luna and it works perfect now. But i saved the old "fryed" one. Can i some how modify this to be betther?

Comment

Well, if you could fix it, you wouldn't have needed the new one, lol, so no.

Glad they got you going again. Happy riding.
              Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I wish somebody with a blown, or good Ludi controller would post some real info as to what upgrades to the "stock" controller was done by Luna. I am told its just upgraded FETs and a shunt, but I have never seen one, and would not want to pick the silicon out of a good one to find out. BUT, if anyone has one, i would love to be able to reverse engineer it. If it were worth while, I would consider building/ upgrading stock to Ludis for sale. But I dont know what costs where involved.

Comment

• Scoonie
                  Scoonie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s the same as everyone else not sells, if it’s an OEM motor all controllers are equal.

Scoonie
                The "Ludi" or Ludicrous controller is NOT the same as what comes on ANY BBSHD kit. It is only available when purchasing a full bike build from Luna. It is modified to increase the output. A stock controller without "Hot Rod Programming" outputs 750watts, with Hot Rod Programing 1500watts, the Ludi controller outputs 3000watts. Those are PEAK outputs. If you buy from AliExpress, you will likely get the 750w controller and it will be "locked" which prevents changing the programming to increase power to 1500watt. A Luna provided controller is unlocked and can be changed to "hotrod programming"...1500w. Luna has a modified controller called the Ludicrous controller. It has some internal components upgraded to handle the additional power. A stock 750w controller pulls 20ish amps, Lunas Hotrod pulls up to 30, the Ludi can pull 50-60amps!!! Each of those controllers is DOUBLING the max output of the the one previous.
                I have removed the Luna Hot-rod controller on my BBSHD and moved up to the Grin-Phaserunner controller. It can handle up to 100volts and 100amps. Obviously the BBSHD can not handle that much power, 10,000 watts, but many have gotten their BBSHD to handle 80volts with 50 to 80 amps. That is a MASSIVE increase in top speed, and torque. I have not bumped mine to that extreme as I need to rebuild my battery pack to 80volts. I will likely keep it to 50amps tho. That will be about 4000 watt peak output. Granted this will increase the heat and wear and tear of the motor, but there are ways to address that as well. Heatsinks, non conductive lubricants, etc. All controllers are not created equal. You get what you pay for..........Ali/Luna/Ludi/Phaserunner.

Comment

• Scoonie
                  Scoonie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I get that the ludicrous is another beast, but it’s ludicrous to believe a stock controller from anyone else can’t have its programming changed. 3 motors from 3 sources, no issues with “hot rodding”. Karl’s fat bike blog has all the settings, and JPlabs has posted many tweaks. Grin Phaserunner is the superior upgrade at least for those who can’t have Ludicrous.. Maybe ludicrous is sweet, but since we can’t buy it...I can’t comment.
              Working...
              X