Frames that are set up for the Bafang M620 motor and stealthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frames that are set up for the Bafang M620 motor and stealthy

After seeing the Luna X-1 Enduro bike, I am wanting to build another ebike like that bike, but with the M620 (ultra)
    https://lunacycle.com/x-1-enduro-fs-ebike/

I missed the boat on getting one of the X-1's
    It is 27.5 and M600 motor, but that would have been fine with me

The Luna X-1 pretty much looks like the perfect bike to me for my style of riding.
    But it's hard to tell when they will ever be available again?

Finding frames for the Bafang M620 seems to be a dead end for what I want to build
    I have searched the web and not found much of anything

Here's what I would like to build

Dual suspension mountain bike
    29 inch wheels
    M620 motor
    The battery must be integrated into the down tube, like the Luna X-1 frame
    I don't want the battery to be a separate unit sitting on top of the down tube
    I want the bike to be very stealthy looking like the Luna X-1

Anyone know of any frames that fit this description?
    I found the Seroxat frame shown below and that is as close as I could find to what I am looking for
    http://www.salto-bike.com/ecp_view.asp?id=670

Click image for larger version  Name:	LunaX1.png Views:	2 Size:	3.41 MB ID:	93379

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seroxat hybrid 500w.png Views:	1 Size:	536.0 KB ID:	93380
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EL34; 09-13-2019, 05:11 PM.

I agree I'm in the same boat. I would love to wait for the X1 but I just don't know how long it will be so maybe another build is in my future.
    here is one that might work
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2b225e4d3eo4g0

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyN View Post
      I agree I'm in the same boat. I would love to wait for the X1 but I just don't know how long it will be so maybe another build is in my future.
      here is one that might work
      https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2b225e4d3eo4g0
      Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it

Just for info, that frame is for the M500 and M600 Bafang motors

Maybe it would be nice to have a sticky post with information about frames that fit the integrated frame motors?
      Last edited by EL34; 09-14-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Found this frame that is set up for the Bafang M620
        It is a 27.5

http://www.salto-bike.com/ecp_view.asp?id=653

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image2.png Views:	1 Size:	436.6 KB ID:	93418
        Last edited by EL34; 09-14-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

This frame is set up for the Bafang M600
          It is a 27.5

http://www.salto-bike.com/ecp_view.asp?id=683

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image1.png Views:	1 Size:	510.8 KB ID:	93417
          Last edited by EL34; 09-14-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Found this 6061 Aluminum frame for the M620 ultra

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/direct-factory-Aluminum-alloy-electric-bike_60723308676.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.png
Views:	387
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	93424

Comment

seems like a few good options my only concern would be dealing with a Chinese supplier that we have no history with, some details could be lost in translation.

Comment

I have built 3 carbon bikes from Chinese suppliers over the last 6 years.
                All have been awesome.
                The Fat bike below was my last build.
                Full carbon frame and wheels
                Luna BBSHD package

I also have built a 18 pound cabon gravel bike and a carbon dual suspension mountain bike
                All 3 bikes from Chinese suppliers

So my next build is something like the Luna X-1 if I can pull that off

Click image for larger version  Name:	Img_1159.jpg Views:	3 Size:	732.0 KB ID:	93455
                Last edited by EL34; 09-15-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Beautiful build. I’m glad you had a positive experience with your supplier, I used to work over there and it never ceased to amaze me how unethical the part suppliers could be at times but that was 14 years ago. What’s your thoughts on motors? Are you set on the 620? Seems like Eric’s guys are squeezing quite a bit of juice from the smaller motor, I guess if you run fat tires and long uphill climbs a bigger motor would be necessary?

Comment

Beautiful build. I’m glad you had a positive experience with your supplier, I used to work over there and it never ceased to amaze me how unethical the part suppliers could be at times but that was 14 years ago. What’s your thoughts on motors? Are you set on the 620? Seems like Eric’s guys are squeezing quite a bit of juice from the smaller motor, I guess if you run fat tires and long uphill climbs a bigger motor would be necessary?
                    That Luna X1 is the only bike that comes close to what I want

Luna is using the M600 on the X1
                    I am sure that would be fine for my style of riding
                    I ride mostly on assist level 1 to 4 out of 9 on my BBSHD fat bike

2.8 or 3 inch tires would be the best for what I want
                    And I really do want 29 inch wheels
                    They work best for the terrain we have here.
                    All my riding is in the forest and very little road sections, only gravel roads for the most part

The frame choices are so limited right now for a Bafang in frame motor and 29 inch wheel, dual suspension bike
                    I guess it is way too early and Luna is the only company that is stepping up the game.
                    Last edited by EL34; 09-16-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I've never ridden a Bafang product but i understand they are quite good. My last build was a full suspension Cannondale with a modified GnG 1000 watt belt drive similar to a Lightning Rod kit. A throttle is a must for me. My dilemma is this, i had a garage fire due to a LI battery meltdown, my insurance co. is willing to replace three e-bikes but I only have a few more months to do so. Does anyone know what the hold up is with the X1? the last newz I got was it could be another pre order opportunity after September. I'm surprised there is not more chatter on the forum about these bikes, like you, I think it as ideal bike.

Comment

I've never ridden a Bafang product but i understand they are quite good. My last build was a full suspension Cannondale with a modified GnG 1000 watt belt drive similar to a Lightning Rod kit. A throttle is a must for me. My dilemma is this, i had a garage fire due to a LI battery meltdown, my insurance co. is willing to replace three e-bikes but I only have a few more months to do so. Does anyone know what the hold up is with the X1? the last newz I got was it could be another pre order opportunity after September. I'm surprised there is not more chatter on the forum about these bikes, like you, I think it as ideal bike.
                        I just saw this and am holding off until I see the Frey EX released and on the Frey web site.
                        I really wanted a Luna X-1 but hard to say if you could ever get one?

The new Frey Ex has the Bafang Ultra M620 , which is the motor I wanted :)

They are showing the EX with a second battery on top of the down tube, but the main battery is inside the down tube
                        So you can add a second battery if you want, which is a cool feature

Here's the article about the two new Frey bikes

https://electrek.co/2019/09/16/frey-...-cc-ex-am1000/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18239.png
Views:	389
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	93563

Comment

Looks awesome, I wish there was a place we could test ride these bikes, or any bike with the different drive systems.

Comment

Looks awesome, I wish there was a place we could test ride these bikes, or any bike with the different drive systems.
                            I am only interested in Bafang motors because you can program them and they have way more power than motors like Bosch and Shimano

Comment

Hallo, I can recommend you the Stereo Hybrid Intube framework of Cube. They are well made and can be adjusted with a little effort for the M 620.
                              Wir haben den passenden Cube Rahmen. Cube Fully, Cube Hardtail, Cube Rennrad oder Cube Trekking Rahmen in großer Auswahl einzeln oder als Rahmenset günstig kaufen.

Comment

Working...
                              X