Re-shipping batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-shipping batteries?

Hi, I’m new here! I’m working on an advanced control system for my friend in Portland, and I live in Oakland. If I order a battery and ship it to Oakland from Luna, how hard is it for me to get it to him in Portland after I’m done setting things up?

thanks!

Pretty hard. You'd need a HAZMAT shipper to do it, AFAIK.

Just have it sent there in the first place.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I don’t have a 48v battery here for getting the system set up, and I’m doing it for him. Guess I need to find a hazmat shipper, or a cheap way to have something functionally similar to a 48v ebike battery here. Maybe lead acid.

Comment

Borrow all the battery packs from your buddies cordless tools?
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I think that perhaps it won't come to that; I found somebody who can probably initiate a shipment for me. One thing they asked is if I can get a copy of the UN 38.3 certification for the battery. Do you know if Luna can provide that? This is what I'm looking at: https://lunacycle.com/triangle-48v-p...er-long-range/

Comment

You'd need to ask them, I don't know. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Joecarrow View Post
              Thanks, I auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver was afraid of that. I don’t have a 48v battery here for getting the system set up, and I’m doing it for him. Guess I need to find a hazmat shipper, or a cheap way to have something functionally similar to a 48v ebike battery here. Maybe lead acid.
              my friend in Portland, and I live in Oakland. If I order a battery and ship it to Oakland from Luna, how hard is it for me to get it to him in Portland after I’m done setting things up?
              Last edited by wailita; 10-26-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Hi I hope this is okay to post here. I just sold a film Canon camera that takes two batteries and I am wondering if anyone here has had experience shipping a camera with regular batteries via USPS? Thanks in advance!! 9apps cartoon hd
                Last edited by evanbhai; 11-04-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evanbhai View Post

Hi I hope this is okay to post here. I just sold a film Canon camera that takes two batteries and I am wondering if anyone here has had experience shipping a camera with regular batteries via USPS? Thanks in advance!! 9apps cartoon hd
                  If it is an old film camera, it probably didn't use rechargeable lithium batteries. Anyway, those camera batteries are cheap, don't ship them. You want USPS to reject the package when it comes from India?I hear that the fine is huge if they catch a lithium battery in an unlabeled package.

Comment

Working...
                  X