Shaving weight off my Luna X1 and other X1 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beeshma123
    Just reinvent the force levels. No compelling reason to downsize the regulator. It tends to be done in programming. You can even set up various force bends and settings as various profiles for various situations. You will need that top-end power once more, in the wake of becoming acclimated to it for a year or two.
    What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by EL34 View Post

What are you talking about?
    Thanks, I reported it

Comment

Hey EL34. I know your X1 has the good PAS Level 1 and 2. What Controller Software version do you have? Does it end in "14.5" or "14.6" ?

Comment

Originally posted by kengps View Post
        Hey EL34. I know your X1 has the good PAS Level 1 and 2. What Controller Software version do you have? Does it end in "14.5" or "14.6" ?
        I don't know
        I have the 860C meter and I don't see a place in the menu where it shows that info?
        I would have to hook up the stock meter
        I can do that later today

Comment

On the stock display....go to "Information", select "Controller info" then push the + button.

Comment

Originally posted by kengps View Post
            None of the above on the controller software
            I have 14.4
            I have the same hardware number and torque sensor info

Controller
            Software CRX10NC4818i132014.4
            Hardware CR X10N.500.FC 3.2

Torque sensor
            Software SRPA212CF1010.10
            Hardware SR PA21232ST.C 1.0

Comment

• mw195
              mw195 commented
              Editing a comment
              how did you pull the information? Did you have to put on the original diplay?

OK, great. You got one of the earliest bike runs as I recall. Looks like so far 14.4 and 14.6 are good. 14.5 are bad.

Comment

• eskachig
              eskachig commented
              Editing a comment
              The unicorn nature of El34's bike has finally been revealed! 

I hope Luna can help those of us with the gimped firmware out - ironically what finally sold me on the X1 was a video of El34 climbing at low PAS. I am still having a ton of fun in 3/5, but I know it's just a bit more juice than I want.

I am surprised no brainiacks out there on the interweb have not found a way to extract Bafang motors firmware and hack it?
            That would be the ticket

Comment

• eskachig
              eskachig commented
              Editing a comment
              We have the .bin file for 14.6 available. But decompiling it and then hacking it up is a long and painful process. That rarely happens unless there are a lot of very dedicated and interested nerds focused on a particular device.

At this point I'd just like to put the stock firmware on my motor and see how it is, sounds like it would be a big improvement for me and other people with the gimped 14.5 software.

mw195
            yes, I had to hook up the old meter to get that info

Comment

Luna CS says they think they have what they need now to re-flash motors to 14.6. Will take 2-3 weeks at least to try it out and confirm it doesn't kill the motor.

Comment

• eskachig
                eskachig commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds like progress to me. Cautiously optimistic.

I thought I would link back to my M600 teardown post here
              I had some questions about the wrench I used
              See post #20 here

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ar-replacement

Comment

Originally posted by phatty View Post
                Save 200+ grams for $84? Sold. Fighting to get the X-1 closer to my bike rack rating - and clawing back what I lost to the coil shock.

I have a new derailleur coming too, not for weight savings but because I am not happy with how much noise I'm hearing from back there. SRAM shifting is on point, but their clutch system is just not as good - it honestly feels like you're not getting much more resistance than the spring. itself. Casettes and derailleurs are basically consumables so I don't mind having spares. Good thing Shimano and Eagle are compatible.

Comment

• Desmodromic
                  Desmodromic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seems kinda spindly for eBike but then again I’ve not used a Ztto cassette before. You had good experience with their stuff?

• eskachig
                  eskachig commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This will be my first time - if it sucks, I still have a barely worn SX to come back to.

Desmodromic

Not spindly at all
                Take a solid block of steel and machine it into 11 cogs as one big assembly
                Then add a large 12th cog to the top of that one piece of machining.

It's way better than the individual cogs with spacers like most cassettes

Comment

• Desmodromic
                  Desmodromic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I'm familiar with the manufacturing process. My question was whether folks had positive experiences with Ztto cassettes in eBike applications. By definition there's 200g+ less material in the cassette. If the design is good for the stresses involved in eBike, the mass can go down.

There were other post about that cassette on the forum
                that's where I found out about them

Again, it's a solid block of steel, and each cog is part of next cog
                There's nothing that can separate

I have two other bikes with SRAM XX1 1x11 cassettes that have the same machining method

Comment

jjdicecco
                  "Hello I clicked on the wheelset link and it was a blank page"

I don't know why?
                  I just clicked on it and the page was fine

Comment

Working...
                  X