X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by beeshma123 View Post
    Just reinvent the force levels. No compelling reason to downsize the regulator. It tends to be done in programming. You can even set up various force bends and settings as various profiles for various situations. You will need that top-end power once more, in the wake of becoming acclimated to it for a year or two.
    What are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• beeshma123
    replied
    Just reinvent the force levels. No compelling reason to downsize the regulator. It tends to be done in programming. You can even set up various force bends and settings as various profiles for various situations. You will need that top-end power once more, in the wake of becoming acclimated to it for a year or two. smart gaga for pc
    Last edited by beeshma123; 6 hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• eskachig
    commented on 's reply
    Why not just stick the M500 into your X-1? It sort of reads like you should be able to just swap it in.
    Last edited by eskachig; 1 day ago.

• phatty
    commented on 's reply
    These feels more like the case. I just run in setting 5 of 9 and try and realize I am only going to get 4k climbing and 40 miles max on the battery. Ive been trying to find a spare battery. but even that sucks because then i have to carry a spare battery. Going to just order an e10 and m500 and go that route. I think it comes with the 840 watt battery as well.

• eskachig
    replied
    Originally posted by EL34 View Post

I am thinking that there must be different controller firm wares.
    You can't get an answer from Luna on this, so that is the only thing I can think of?
    That's probably it, especially going by some unconfirmed reports that flashing with newer firmware helps. For the record, my versions are:

Controller
    Software CRX10NC4818i132014.5
    Hardware CR X10N.500.FC 3.2

Torque sensor
    Software SRPA212CF1010.10
    Hardware SR PA21232ST.C 1.0

Going by this thread:
    https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...0777&start=300

The current Bafang version is 14.6 - but I don't know if Luna has done any of their own tinkering.

Maybe you just have Bafang's stock tuning on your bike, people with non-Luna m600s seem happier with their behavior on lower PAS levels. Someone forgot to flash it, and you're reaping the benefits.
    Last edited by eskachig; 2 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by eskachig View Post

EL34, you either have an unusually well-calibrated torque sensor, or you're just a torque monster pushing harder than us mere mortals.
    I am thinking that there must be different controller firm wares.
    You can't get an answer from Luna on this, so that is the only thing I can think of?

Leave a comment:

• eskachig
    replied
    Originally posted by phatty View Post
    Update on shorter crank arms:
    0 pedal strikes. That speaks for itself. Pedaled through multiple sections I previously used throttle on to avoid strikes. It was awesome! I was able to maintain flow.
    Cadence was higher it seemed, it felt a little shorter standing but I got used to it in a mile or so. I did a 42 mile 4k vert day first ride on them. It did not help with PAS levels 1-4. Overall, I think they are worth the money. I would still like to see a billet or carbon set because they are easily almost 2lbs each thats a lot of weight that can be saved. Still, its 1000x better than the 175mm ones.
    This is essentially my experience as well. They really are super heavy (are they actually lighter than the stock ones?), and tbh, I would probably prefer 160mm - if Lekkie ever makes a set like they've been planning, I'll be picking it up.

As for PAS 1-4 I think it makes it worse. Now that I have my X1, I'm joining the people trying to figure out what is going on there hahaha - but I'm pretty sure that this is tied to torque sensing thresholds. I can get assist on the lower levels when I'm pushing a high gear on the flats, but when I switch to a low gear and spin a high cadence on the hills I'm just not putting down enough torque to activate the assist - and short cranks would make this situation worse. It feels like - well, like climbing a 50 pound bike in granny gear, it sucks. Then at 5/9 or 3/5, it's like a switch gets flipped somewhere and I'm getting tons of power no matter how hard I'm pushing.

EL34, you either have an unusually well-calibrated torque sensor, or you're just a torque monster pushing harder than us mere mortals.

Leave a comment:

• EL34
    replied
    Just found the best deal on the SNAIL 104 BCD chain rings.
    My 40 tooth black was $9.99 and free shipping from the US

That's cheaper than on Ali and faster shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Bike-Ch...T/254632812933

Click image for larger version

Name:	snail.png
Views:	62
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	114310

Leave a comment:

• deserthi
    commented on 's reply
    Did you order a small? That seems to be the only size available. I have been wanting one but now am looking at a big name bosch drive bike. The pedal assist on those bikes are much better than the X-1. The only advantage to the x1 is the price but I have found some good deals for a little over 4K.

• macron90
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks guys. Can’t thank the community enough for all the shared knowledge. This is my first MTB, so excuse my dumb questions. I’m going tubeless!

• phatty
    replied
    Originally posted by macron90 View Post
    Hey guys, could you let me know if the current stock setup is able to convert to tubeless? Sounds like the tires are but not sure about the rims.
    All you have to do is wrap the wheels with any sort of tubeless tape or gorilla tape or like EL34 the fiberglass fillament tape. Then add in your sealant 3.75oz and seat the bead and your good to go.

https://youtu.be/wTCvIH6GOBc

Leave a comment:

• phatty
    commented on 's reply
    50mm external is probably 35-40mm internal. Will work really well with 2.8" tires.

• bradleyland
    commented on 's reply
    50mm will work with the stock 2.8" tires. You should get a nice large footprint.

The M600 offers no resistance when PAS is at 0. There's a sprag clutch on the crank that lets it freewheel, so you're not driving the motor or the gears. It is silent when pedaling and in PAS 0.

• EL34
    replied
    Originally posted by macron90 View Post
    Hey guys, could you let me know if the current stock setup is able to convert to tubeless? Sounds like the tires are but not sure about the rims.
    Yes you can convert the stock rims to tubeless
    Why do you think it cannot be done?

Leave a comment:

• macron90
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X