Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just took delivery of BBSHD, and there's this metal placard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took delivery of BBSHD, and there's this metal placard...

The metal placard - on this small oblong plastic box - says "Please start a build thread." I'm going to be a while starting, as I need to finish assembling the workstand first - that, and save up for a large triangle-shaped battery. Luna has one, but it and a charger is likely to be 1100+ shipped - so figure June before I get it!

Numb/Dumb question: since I plan on securing "the largest battery that I can fit in the frame" - the 28 AH version Luna sells, or its em3ev equivalent - will I have "decent" (whatever that means) range? I do not plan on going over ~ 15-17 mph as a rule - that rule being broken in an emergency, as in "some driver wants a hood ornament, and I look likely."
    Last edited by dennis_young; 03-09-2020, 01:34 PM. Reason: Afterthought question

Hey Dennis welcome to the forum!

Sure you would have fantastic range with a battery that size. I use 28ah on my bike and honestly it is overkill most of the time. Though I do find the older I get the more I enjoy using pedal assist instead, which is already super on range, especially when combined with the Limitless profile. And if you are going less than 20mph you will have so little wind resistance a 28ah pack would probably last well over 50 miles.

Comment

Well, finally finished the stand early this month - 2nd, I think - and just got the bike "done" today.

Comment

Well, finally finished the stand early this month - 2nd, I think - and just got the bike "done" today.

Comment

Working...
        X