Hello from Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Arizona

Just purchased my first Ebike, and a smaller one for my son..WOW! We go for 15-20 mile drives almost daily now..Love it.

I purchased the 1000W Bufang Ultra Mid Drive. It’s 48V with a 17ah Samsung Battery..

So as I understand it, 48 multiplied by 17ah gives me the Watt hours of 816. So am I suppose to get about 45min of “range” on my 1000W battery?

Maybe I should post question later..but
    Last edited by CactusPilot; 07-19-2020, 09:51 PM.

Originally posted by CactusPilot View Post
    ...I purchased the 1000W Bufang Ultra Mid Drive. It’s 48V with a 17ah Samsung Battery..

So as I understand it, 48 multiplied by 17ah gives me the Watt hours of 816. So am I suppose to get about 45min or “range” on my 1000W battery?
    A little over simplified but you are on the right track. The total usable amp-hours (Ah) is less than what they are rated at since most systems won't run the battery down to 0%, etc.

You aren't likely to be running 1000W just to cruise around unless you are going pretty fast, have a slope or strong headwind... you can get little displays that will monitor that.... I'm often just running around 250-350W

Suggest running it around, and if you want to get a good bead on things log the rides including miles ridden, starting and finish voltages, etc.

BTW - I'm over in Chandler

Comment

Thanks for the reply...Great idea. I will start a log...Scottsdale

Comment

I've got a shop for my business off AZ avenue next to the western canal multi-use path with a corner for bikes - stop by if you get down this way

Most likely can tune the ultra parameters if you are interested - done it on others and made those folks happier

Comment

Yeah I would like to tweak the settings..I purchased the cable, but could not open COM ports on 3. Computers..maybe bad cable? One other upgrade I want to do is convert to Tube less..watched a few Ghetto conversions with Gorilla Tape..Do you own a bike shop? Address would be great..DM if you dont want to post here

Comment

I just put tubeless sealant in the tubes - much easier and no mess... in electric I don't see good reason to go tubeless

It's a shop for my business (not bikes) but since it's my shop I've got a corner for my bikes

Message sent

Comment

Need address for the shop..and let me know when you are available to tweak the settings.

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

Working...
                X