Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel fell of new 2020 Sur Ron Black after 50 miles! User error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel fell of new 2020 Sur Ron Black after 50 miles! User error?

Be careful! Check your front wheels. After 50 miles the axle came out to cause a high speed crash, luckily on dirt and not asphalt. The nut had apparently come loose to release the axle. Interestingly enough after looking at our new segway 160 with 100 miles on it the side cap was also missing with axle working its way out. Hope to get some new axle plugs from tony at Luna Cycle so i can tephlon tape the plugs in and give it another try. Is this a known issue? Followed instructions and video perfectly.
    Last edited by Cetraro; 07-31-2020, 03:57 PM.

Always do a thorough preflight!

Comment

Sprocket? Do you mean the axle?

Were the axle pinch bolts tight?

Hope the rider recovers fast.
      BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

Did it come preassembled with wheel on?I had to mount my front wheel on my new Surron so if it came off it would be my fault.The end cap does not hold the wheel on,the pinch bolts do,and use blue locktite so they can’t back out.

Comment

good call on the locktite!

Comment

Locktite has two types. One is for permanently locks the nuts on and another that can be removed. They are red or blue containers so read the label!

Comment

Originally posted by Sksnuffy View Post
              Locktite has two types. One is for permanently locks the nuts on and another that can be removed. They are red or blue containers so read the label!
              Here is more to info about Locktite..https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/...adlockers.html

Comment

Working...
              X