I chopped a bicycle-and electrified it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chopped a bicycle-and electrified it

hello all! been years since I posted on forums so my photos may take a minnit to get up here.I bought a 1000 watt 24" brushless rear wheel,came with a controller{amazon) and controls.
    Installed it in a bicycle . Have to confess,my electrical know-how consists of red is positive.... I did manage to put evvything together in the right order

This thing is so fun!! pics soon!

Comment

Sounds fun. You made or modified the bike too? Pic is a bit small to see any details. You can go a bit bigger. Site automatically makes the big thumbnail photo but if/when you click on it you can zoom. It doesn't need to be 4k but if you get something in the 1000 x 1000 range people can see some details if they want to.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, and congrats.

One sometimes overlooked way to get pictures into the post (if using a PC or Mac) is to simply drag them in to the posting box - position the cursor first, where you want the picture to end up.

Comment

I'll get the pics better,not having to get them hosted rules
          I cut and raked the frame an stretched the forks.The shelf is for my battery.Made the sissy bar too

Comment

That is awesome... I had a raleigh chopper when I was a kid... I have often thought of making my own bigger version with the banana seat, sissy bar and 20" x 26" rear

I am all for making ebikes that dont look like electric mountain bikes nor cruisers

I too look forward to bigger pics
            Last edited by Calcifer; 10-14-2020, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0404.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	116076

Comment

wow my phone is old and dirty,charging some gopro batts Ima see how that fujis it up
                an this'll get done right in a build thread

Comment

I like it. Kinda a thrown together mess that no one would mess with or the guy that was riding it. What does it have for rear brake? With all that fork I would hate to want too much from the front.

My first E bike isn't quite as custom and previous owner had painted it flat black and used tape and hose clamps for cable management. At first I didn't like it and was going to clean it up and order stickers but it really grew on me. I didn't really want to be screaming I got a $2000+ bike with almost another $2000 worth of crap screwed to it. Sure people that really know bikes or professionally steal them will be able to spot the value but to most people its just a commuter bike some dude threw together. Its also nice to not be afraid to lean it against concrete and get a little mud on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
                    I like it. Kinda a thrown together mess that no one would mess with or the guy that was riding it. What does it have for rear brake? With all that fork I would hate to want too much from the front.

My first E bike isn't quite as custom and previous owner had painted it flat black and used tape and hose clamps for cable management. At first I didn't like it and was going to clean it up and order stickers but it really grew on me. I didn't really want to be screaming I got a $2000+ bike with almost another $2000 worth of crap screwed to it. Sure people that really know bikes or professionally steal them will be able to spot the value but to most people its just a commuter bike some dude threw together. Its also nice to not be afraid to lean it against concrete and get a little mud on it.
                    :) you get it
                    v-brake setup swapped on the back not as good as a disc better than caliper...

Comment

It is awesome to see an ebike that isn't factory pumped out, or just a mountain bike with a motor... something different. We have the opportunity to make whatever we like really. I don't know if other people agree with me, but as nice as the factory ebikes are... they are not as cool as something like this, or what calfee makes... and some of the others that have made their own ebikes with their own skill and effort. Click image for larger version

Name:	hail.gif
Views:	80
Size:	265 Bytes
ID:	116105

I guess that is why I am buying all of the tools and equipment I have coming... so I can make different stuff too... hopefully i can make stuff half as cool as the things you guys make Click image for larger version

Name:	koolaid.gif
Views:	72
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	116106

Comment

Working...
                      X