Kind of disappointed with some of the shoddiness of my 2 Luna X1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of disappointed with some of the shoddiness of my 2 Luna X1's

Just received both bikes today, and one bike didn't have the charger, the small parts box, or even the pedals! Both boxes had no tools or lights that we saw in the intro video. The bike I tried putting together had missing safety clamps on the brake pads, and I had to re-bleed the brakes just to get the brake pads opened to fit the calipers.

I'm almost thinking to return these bikes because I can't even trust the workmanship anymore. What gives?

If a brake caliper is closed like that it can be spread with a flat blade screwdriver, no need to bleed it. If you are missing parts just email support and they can be sent. The bike is not advertised as coming with tools or lights so not sure what you are referring to there.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      If a brake caliper is closed like that it can be spread with a flat blade screwdriver, no need to bleed it. If you are missing parts just email support and they can be sent. The bike is not advertised as coming with tools or lights so not sure what you are referring to there.
      Every Luna X1 unboxing video I've seen has this tool kit that came with the bike:

It's within the first few minutes. Does it not come with the bike anymore? Also, one of the bikes had a small parts box that had the reflectors, and the other one didn't. As for the lights, they were in that video. I don't care about the lights, but I would like the reflectors as we ride in the evening often.

Anyways, I will contact support tomorrow.

Comment

Ah, that video was made by a third party unboxing one of the first production runs. We threw in some freebies as a thank you for early adopters such as him. The knowledge base page linked from the listing says that any freebies shown on old unboxing videos is not indicative of what one would receive.

Comment

• mattgrey
          mattgrey commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say i'm also disappointed by this change. Clearly it's not identified as a change nor promised in the description. I would have ordered the tool kit with the bike if i'd realized this, which is now out of stock.

Ah, I see. Ok, much thanks for that. Well, hopefully the pedals get here soon.

Comment

What was your order#, or case# if you have already filed a ticket? I can probably help get the pedals and reflectors expedited for you. We can include a light as well.

Comment

Hi, I just submitted a ticket this morning. I was able to put one bike together last night. Some of the brake cables were set up poorly, and I had to make some adjustments to the bike. But, overall, the bike is really nice. I just hope I don't run into more problems. Although, it's probably a good thing for me to learn how to wrench a bike. I plan on loctite'ing some of the nuts / bolts. Should do a ride tomorrow.

Comment

So, we heard a response from support a couple days ago asking for a pic of the box. We told them the boxes were thrown away. Still have not heard back. Now what?

Comment

The only case I see in our system was the one I responded to two days ago where I asked for the order#, and letting you know as soon as I got that info I could make the work order.

I do not know if this was overlooked or if you created duplicate cases under different email addresses etc, but either way if you got the order number let me know, either here if that is better for you, or replying on the the email. I can resend it if you did not get it, or you might check your spam folder.

Comment

Here is the order # 155854. Please send us the missing stuff: pedals, charger, reflectors.

Comment

Thanks, I have made the work order and we will email you tracking once shipped, likely within couple business days.

Comment

Hey Pax, qq.......what letters are marked out on the motor logo identifying the bike having "BOTH" Ludicrous and Silent Gear?

also, what letter is marked for the bike having "only" Ludicrous mod?

Also, when rolling the bike backwards, are there supposed to be any odd loud clanking noises coming from motor traveling up thru the battery tube?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by KTMracer63; 03-30-2021, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
                        paxtana commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Blacked B is Ludicrous. Blacked G is silent

I would guess the rolling backwards noise is normal. Bafang most likely uses a very similar design on all their mid drives as far as freewheels and clutches. When you or at least some parts of the system are going forward they all work as designed which is what ever drive is going faster engages and the other freewheels. This way if the motor is going faster it doesn't drag the pedals with it or if you are pedaling faster than the motor you don't have to drag the motor. Same as the freewheel at the rear wheel if drive is faster it engages if wheel is faster it slips. When dragging the bike backwards all 3 of those clutches/freewheels engage so everything has to turn backwards including the motor through a now backwards as far as mechanical advantage gear train.

Comment

• KTMracer63
                        KTMracer63 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kinda what I was thinking also....checking any way.

Just checked again...the noise is more apparent initially and the slower the bike is rolled backwards.....it does go away if rolled back at a quicker pace.
                        Last edited by KTMracer63; 03-30-2021, 06:34 AM.

• AZguy
                        AZguy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Rolling backwards turns the motor and causes little "bumps" as the motor magnets move past the stator poles... very normal

• KTMracer63
                        KTMracer63 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        cool....thanks for the info!

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
                      Thanks, I have made the work order and we will email you tracking once shipped, likely within couple business days.
                      Hi Pax,

So, we received the items, and for the reflectors, I'm still missing the screws / nuts. Also, the biggest issue we're now facing ever since I got my bike up and running is the bike computer CONSTANTLY shuts off by itself. It seems related to the cable input from the power, since I have to nudge it and then push the power for it to come back on. But, at this point, the bike is nearly unusable as I'm constantly having to do this -- like 20x an hour. The other bike doesn't have this problem so much, but it also seems to power off randomly. Just not nearly as bad -- maybe once an hour. What's the fix? Is it the cable? Is it the computer connectors? Or is it the battery? I also got a error 30 that was resolved by turning off the battery and powering it back on. Maybe bad battery connector? Please help.

Comment

Ok, more info, I swapped the display from the other bike to the known faulty one, and wow, it won't even power on. That's super bizarre. I feel like it's the cable, because whenever I move the cable a bit, it just goes dead.

edit: Actually, both bikes, when you touch the power cable to the bike computer, the display just shuts off. Can you guys send me a replacement for both power cables and instructions on how to replace them? I'm hoping the bike computers are ok.
                        Last edited by ribeyesteaks; 04-10-2021, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X