Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Luna and can't wait to get my bike!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Luna and can't wait to get my bike!!

I have had a basic commuter ebike that I used the last few years and a Gotway EUC... Well figured it was about time to step it up a bit and rip up some trails with an X1! Can't wait to get the bike and I am hoping it doesn't take to long to get it! Any words of advice would be appreciated!!

hopefully FEDEX will be good to you! They were to me, but it seems the shipments are either good or boxes are torn up and scratches etc. Mine arrived perfect and with no issues. Just really can't wait for the BESST tool to get here so I can update the firmware-Love the bike, but the PAS needs some work with the stock version of firmware IMO. Check all the bolts, I had a few loose, especially the rear axle.

Comment

Originally posted by RayW View Post
      I have had a basic commuter ebike that I used the last few years and a Gotway EUC... Well figured it was about time to step it up a bit and rip up some trails with an X1! Can't wait to get the bike and I am hoping it doesn't take to long to get it! Any words of advice would be appreciated!!
      Hopefully the pre-orders will be out soon for you.....expect a minimum 1.5mo wait, unless China has sped up the mfg process, if so, hopefully sooner.
      The bike is a riot....
      I'm thinking of swapping back to 14.5 firmware release (thx to the Besst Tool's capability to do this) and to see if disabling the speed sensor cable actually triggers unlimited speed, like it did supposedly for another X1 owner. If you order the Ludi with 14.5 definitely order the Besst Tool when placing the order with the bike.

Would also recommend sticking with the steel gear and original display.
      Why? Any upgrade you select while ordering the bike, Luna will keep the original part...upgrading to the 860 display and Silent Gear (you will lose the original display and the bafang steel gear). These original parts are nice backups to have if 1. You crash and break your new display 2. If you ruin that "space-aged" Peek Gear, it's already happening with the Ludi mod, more or less inexperienced operators.

TIP....order all stock at first, then after receiving the bike, write a review and you'll get a $25 discount for your next purchase and then order the upgrades.
      Last edited by KTMracer63; 5 days ago.

Comment

Thanks... Just got word it's in Fedex's hands and due to make it here in about 10-12 days and Fedex says it's shipping from EL Segundo... So I wish I had thought of those suggestions before I placed the order since I got exactly those 2 modifications with the Ludicrous and like you I like to have my backups because Murphy or just life happens... Oh well, live and learn... Next time... I am also unfamiliar with the Besst Tool so I will have to check it out...

Comment

• KTMracer63
          KTMracer63 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your Ludi will come with firmware 14.5 version....it sucks....unless you requested Luna to update to 14.6, which has been noted they're doing now.

Otherwise, you'll want the 14.6 version firmware (which comes as a download when buying the Besst Tool)....this will clean up the PAS function quite a bit making the ride much more fun.

When your bike arrives, remove the steering stem top cap and take a pic of how low the "fork tube" sits below the top of steering stem. This could become a "QA / Safety" issue....

Also, inspect the battery mount brackets before riding...you'll want to apply velcro.
          Last edited by KTMracer63; 1 day ago.
      Working...
      X